Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

What an interesting site!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AmericanWoman

AmericanWoman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

I just found this site using the search terms "bank offers". I consider this a site a great find. I've seen other, similar sites, but they usually contained more shopping info.
I've been doing these offers for about 7 years, now. I've made quite a bit of money, found better banking, better mortgage rates and high interest savings.
I 've made a lot of cash from referrals. (However, it isn't good when family and friends blame you when they fail to follow the terms and conditions of the offers.) This can be tricky. But, so can the terms and conditions. We're all adults here. Just be sure to read these entirely.
Another way I used to make some extra cash was to contract with "mystery" or "secret" shopping companies. I would often be paid $25 per bank to inquire about accounts using a script. I made a lot of money on this job.
Well, I'm looking for some personal finance info. Just easy stuff, I'm working with petty cash, not a big investor.
I'm looking forward to browsing the site to see what I can find!

Thanks for the heads up on the bank deals! Hope we all get our bonuses in time for the holidays!

BTW anyone near a Wesbanco? They're giving $50 overnight for opening a free checking account, in person, totally free checking with no opening deposit. Plus, they will give you $47 once for a referral. My whole family can get $97 each!

Enjoy!

#2 junkhuolin

junkhuolin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:56 AM

Could you explain more about how u did this? We are insterested in making money. However, I am wondering it is legal or not? I understand that risks go with money, but we still want to trade off between greediness and security.

If u r caught, what will happy then?

QUOTE(AmericanWoman @ Nov 23 2005, 01:58 PM)

Another way I used to make some extra cash was to contract with "mystery" or "secret" shopping companies. I would often be paid $25 per bank to inquire about accounts using a script. I made a lot of money on this job.

View Post

#3 AmericanWoman

AmericanWoman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(junkhuolin @ Nov 26 2005, 03:56 AM)
Could you explain more about how u did this? We are insterested in making money. However, I am wondering it is legal or not? I understand that risks go with money, but we still want to trade off between greediness and security.

If u r caught, what will happy then?

QUOTE(AmericanWoman @ Nov 23 2005, 01:58 PM)

View Post

View Post

Of course mystery shopping is legal. It's a job as an independent contractor to evaluate customer service. These banks and many other retail companies contract a mystery shopping agency to do these evaluations. There are thousands of these types of companies. You pay self employment taxes.

I can't imagine you've never heard of this before! If you want info on it, just do a search for" mystery shopper".

And as far as "getting caught", well I've never had a CSR ever ask if I was a mystery shopper. You are usually just "shopping". Why would a CSR think you were anything but a potential customer?

Stats