Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$25 Referral from Wachovia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 freemoney001

freemoney001

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

Wachovia is offering $25 for anybody who opens a checking account through a referral with a opening balance of with just $100. If you are interested, please email me at: [email protected], and I'll send you the the special link!

Here is the details (I copied):

* The Wachovia Customer Referral Program is available to new and existing Wachovia customers. A program brochure or referral coupon must be presented at the time the account is opened. Referral must be a new personal checking customer to the bank. Offer expires December 31, 2008. All accounts are subject to our normal approval process. A minimum opening balance of $50 is required for Free Student Checking. Free Checking requires a $100 minimum opening balance. We reserve the right to disqualify any referrals in circumstances where we reasonably believe they were not sent to us in good faith. Wachovia employees currently compensated for consumer checking referrals or direct product sales are not eligible to participate as a Referrer. The value of the Wachovia Gift Cards will be reported to the IRS, state, or local tax authorities if required by applicable law, and the recipient is responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes on this bonus item.

Referrer: A Wachovia Gift Card in the amount of $25 will be mailed to your primary checking statement address within four weeks of your referral opening a new Free Checking account. The referring customer can receive up to 20 awards for referrals per calendar year.

Referee: You must open and fund a new Free Checking account and the account must remain open and in good standing for 30 days. Within eight weeks of opening your new account, a Wachovia Gift Card in the amount of $25 will be mailed to your checking statement address. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on a Wachovia checking account that was closed within the last three months.

Wachovia Bank, N.A., and Wachovia Bank of Delaware, N.A., are Members FDIC.

© 2008 Wachovia Corporation, 301 South College Street, Suite 4000, One Wachovia Center, Charlotte, NC 28288-0013. All Rights
Reserved

#2 freemoney001

freemoney001

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

REMEMBER THIS CAN BE OPENED ONLINE!

#3 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

No, I don't believe it can be opened online:

"A program brochure or referral coupon must be presented at the time the account is opened."

#4 freemoney001

freemoney001

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Aug 20 2008, 01:28 AM) View Post

"A program brochure or referral coupon must be presented at the time the account is opened."

I'll gladly you send you the link! laugh.gif

#5 freemoney001

freemoney001

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(freemoney001 @ Aug 20 2008, 03:40 AM) View Post

HERE I MADE A COPY OF MY EMAIL, YOU CAN VIEW IT HERE:

http://docs.google.c...nb5_247t8jvh2df

Please don't listen to people who don't know what they're saying.

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(freemoney001 @ Aug 19 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post

One can indeed apply for a Wachovia account online. However, the question is if such an online application will be eligible for the bonus. Your scan shows the bonus terms that you have already posted in the OP. I have failed to find any new information that would suggest that an account opened online is eligible for the bonus. It does state, however, what ichaelm mentioned

which implies that you should open an account in a Wachovia branch in order to be eligible for the bonus. You can not present a brochure or coupon (a piece of paper) online.

It is possible that "coupon" and "referral code" may mean the same thing to Wachovia people. Also, there is a chance that the description of the referral program is not complete or written well.

I checked the first page of Wachovia online application page and could not find any place to enter the referral code. However, it is possible that Wachovia has a different application form for referred applicants or/and the referral entry field is on another page of the online application form. If the number of Wachovia referral invitations is unlimited, could you please send a referral link to [email protected] so that we can research this issue further?

Thank you,

Mark

#7 freemoney001

freemoney001

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Aug 20 2008, 05:22 AM) View Post

QUOTE(freemoney001 @ Aug 19 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post

One can indeed apply for a Wachovia account online. However, the question is if such an online application will be eligible for the bonus. Your scan shows the bonus terms that you have already posted in the OP. I have failed to find any new information that would suggest that an account opened online is eligible for the bonus. It does state, however, what ichaelmwhat mentioned

which implies that you should open an account in a Wachovia branch in order to be eligible for the bonus. You can not present a brochure or coupon (a piece of paper) online.

It is possible that "coupon" and "referral code" may mean the same thing to Wachovia people. Also, there is a chance that the description of the referral program is not complete or written well.

I checked the first page of Wachovia online application page and could not find any place to enter the referral code. However, it is possible that Wachovia has a different application form for referred applicants or/and the referral entry field is on another page of the online application form. If the number of Wachovia referral invitations is unlimited, could you please send a referral link to webmaster@ibankdesihttp://ibankdesign.com/board/style_images/1/folder_rte_images/bold.gif
Boldgn.com so that we can research this issue further?

Thank you,

Mark

Yes (to your bold question)

I logged onto Wachovia and had them send you a link.

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(freemoney001 @ Aug 20 2008, 02:17 AM) View Post

I logged onto Wachovia and had them send you a link.

Thanks, freemoney001!

I would like to confirm that Wachovia's description of its referral program is indeed misleading or incomlete and it is possible to take advantage of this referral offer online.

Here is a copy of a part of email that I received from freemoney001 (names were changed and the referral link was removed)

Dear Mark X,

John Smith, a valued Wachovia customer, asked us to email you about the benefits of
banking with Wachovia. In addition to being the bank that is #1 in Customer
Satisfaction[1], Wachovia offers a Free Checking account with no monthly service
fee and no minimum balance or direct deposit requirement.

And now, with our Customer Referral Program, we'll send $25 to you and to
John Smith when you open a new Free Checking account with Wachovia[2]. It's that simple.

With Wachovia, you'll have access to over 3,400 Financial Centers, over 5,100 ATMs,
and 24/7 access online and by phone. You can also take advantage of our new
Way2Save(SM) program that helps you save when you use your Check Card to make a
purchase or pay bills online[3].

In order to earn your $25 bonus, please click on the link below or copy and paste the entire link into
your browser and open your new account today.

REFERRAL LINK

Please note that this email and the corresponding link above were created especially for you and
the person who referred you. Accordingly, the email and the link are only valid for you should you decide
to open an account with Wachovia. Please do not forward this email as others are not eligible for the
Customer Referral Program or the $25 bonus using your unique link.

Want to apply later? Save this email and be sure to follow the link above in order
to earn this special offer. Or, if you would like, open your new account by calling
800-WACHOVIA or by visiting your local Wachovia Financial Center. Remember
to mention that you were referred to Wachovia by John Smith.

Thank you for considering Wachovia. We hope to have you as a customer

Here is a copy of a part of the web page, where the referral link leads to

Thank you for considering a Wachovia Free Checking account through our Customer Referral Program. We appreciate the opportunity to tell you about the benefits of banking with Wachovia, and why your friends and family members have made us #1 in Customer Satisfaction for 7 years in a row.1

And, when you open a new Free Checking account, we'll send you and the person who referred you a $25 Wachovia Visa Gift Card.2

In addition to the $25 bonus, with Wachovia you get:

Full-service banking at over 3,400 Financial Centers and more than 5,100 ATMs
Free Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, and Balance Alerts
Reward points with every qualifying Wachovia Check Card purchase3
Free mobile banking with Wachovia MobileSM4
Way2SaveSM—the innovative new program that helps you save when you use your Check Card to make a purchase or pay bills online5
Simply choose the account below that's right for you and open your new account today.

Free Checking Most Popular
It's really free—no monthly service fee, no minimum balance or direct deposit required.

Free Student Checking Exclusively for College Students
Get all the benefits of Free Checking, plus one free overdraft refund, free incoming wire
transfers, and one free savings account.

Apply online in 8 minutes or less.
It's faster than you may think to get started. Remember to use the Apply Now links above to be sure you're included in the Customer Referral Program.

Need more information about other Wachovia checking accounts? Call us or visit a Wachovia Financial Center today—and be sure to mention that you were referred through the Customer Referral Program.

Stats