Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 Bonus - M&T Bank: checking account; Exp-11/30/08

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 libbii

libbii

Ultra member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Link to promo page on Bank's Website

yet another link

an another one

Recieve a $50 Bonus when opening a new checking account.

Bonus Terms as copied from Banks Website on 8/25/08:

One cash bonus per personal checking account for activating direct deposit within 90 days of account opening or for authorizing an initial deposit by ACH during the online account application. Bonus will be credited to the account after the first such deposit is made and will be reported as income for tax purposes. Bonus offer limited to one per customer, may vary by product and region, is subject to change at any time in our sole discretion without notice, and is not available to employees of M&T Bank or any of its affiliates.

#2 JOE

JOE

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Aug 31 2008, 01:28 PM) View Post

bonus available nationwide

if you live in the Baltimore area the bonus are: as follows in the link:

http://www.builtforb....com/apply-now/

if you live outside that area you only get $25.00 - they added a new paragraph on the page.

Cash Bonus offers above are valid only in the Greater Baltimore area. Offers may vary in other markets. In participating branches only.
These accounts above will include the Baltimore Ravens items associated with this promotion.
Please click here if you are looking for a basic checking account without these features.

I signed up for an account and got the run around. I told them they added this paragraph after I signed up for an account. The manager told me that she did not think it was fair and that the legal people should have been more clear to begin with. But again you only get 25 dollars if you are outside that area and the blanket. The bonus is automatic after your sign up deposit has cleared.

#3 denliv

denliv

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Aug 31 2008, 08:28 AM) View Post

bonus available nationwide

Their website says "Cash Bonus offers above are valid only in the Greater Baltimore area. Offers may vary in other markets. In participating branches only." Why do you say nationwide?

#4 denliv

denliv

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:23 PM

Disregard my post above - someone teach me how to scroll my browser window!

#5 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

updated bonus info, per Joe's findings:

bonus states=MD
in branch=yes

It's possible that you could apply online, live out of state, and still receive the bonus, but this is being on the safe side.
The bottom line is, if a bank other than the one of national behemoths offers a bonus, act on it asap, or the bank may change the terms and conditions of the offer.

Mike

#6 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

This has been extended to 12/31/08 and can be moved back to the Local Bonuses board. According to THIS FW thread, M&T treats Paypal, HSBC, Etrade ACH push as DD, you can receive multiple bonuses by opening multiple accounts, and the bonus is instant once you confirm the trial deposits. YMMV for bonus eligibility if you don't reside in the Balt. area.

#7 Suzanne

Suzanne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

what could be the bonus offer for Virginia residents..

Stats