Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

citicards balance transfer now or never?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

as i sit here and watch citibank side slowely into the warm embrace of the fdic, i have become worried about my citicredit cards, and a really good balance tansfer office i have been sitting on for 5 monhs.

i have a citicard with a really high credit limit i also have a 3% upfront fee and 0apr balance transfer on the card. I have until july to use it. and i would like to wait longer, in the hopes that interest rates might go up in the next 18 months and that i can use that balance transfer to string out a whole bunch of debts until 2010.

however i am wondering does anybody know what would happon if the fdic grabs citi bank, will all my credit cards automatically close? or will the balance transfer offer dry up over night?

#2 Bizzell

Bizzell

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

Be disciplined and do not put any more charges on your CCs if you want to pay off the bill ASAP. Once you transfer the balances to your new Citicard, do not use the card for purchases if the 0% interest does not apply to purchases. Best wishes to you!

Stats