Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Canadian to US bank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rev. Dr. John Dawson

Rev. Dr. John Dawson

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I am a Canadian living in the USA with a Canadian pension being deposited in Citi Bank in Toronto by my pension holder. The problem is Citi Bank is closing its doors in Canada July 2nd 2010. I need to find a USA bank that is a affliiate of a Canadian bank. The pension company deposites my pension once a month at the present tiem and I withdraw it on the US side. As funds can be transferred across the border only once a year by check only once a year, I need to find a US/Canadia bank A.S.A.P. I woluld appreciated any information someone might be able to give me. John

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(Rev. Dr. John Dawson @ Apr 29 2010, 02:57 AM) View Post

I am a Canadian living in the USA with a Canadian pension being deposited in Citi Bank in Toronto by my pension holder. The problem is Citi Bank is closing its doors in Canada July 2nd 2010. I need to find a USA bank that is a affliiate of a Canadian bank. The pension company deposites my pension once a month at the present tiem and I withdraw it on the US side. As funds can be transferred across the border only once a year by check only once a year, I need to find a US/Canadia bank A.S.A.P. I woluld appreciated any information someone might be able to give me. John

Try RBC Royal Bank in Canada and RBC Bank in USA. You can do cross-border transfers online for free.
You would likely have to visit Canada to open an account at a Royal Bank branch. You can open a RBC Bank USA account by mail.

You should also be able to use any Canadian banks to buy USD at https://fx2.xe.com and then transfer funds to any US bank. The process is a bit more complex than RBC transfers... so if you can open a RBC account (see above), you probably should try to do so.

Mark

Stats