Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 - Union Bank of California : Free Checking, Expires 12/31/05, Posted on 10/14/05

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:18 AM

IPB Image

The following info was posted by russel on FW:
I just moved about a month ago and got a Union Bank of California flyer w/ my change of address confirmation packet. I'm not sure if this offer is good beyond my city (Davis, CA), but I figured I would share it anyway.

"Union Bank of California would like to offer you a Free Checking account and a $50 bonus--just for moving to the neighborhood.* And if that isn't enough to make you glad you moved, you'll also enjoy:

FREE Online Banking
FREE Online Bill Pay
FREE ATM or Debit Card
FREE Welcome Pack of Checks

To open your Free Checking account, simply visit your local Union Bank branch or call us at 1-800-796-5656, option "2" and mention offer code 00414.

*The Free Checking account requires a $100 minimum opening deposit. This account is free of the regular monthly service charge. Other charges, such as overdraft fees, will apply. See our disclosure, "All About Personal Accounts & Services disclosure and agreement, for complete details. Your $50 cash bonus will be credited to your account within 10 business days of opening. If you already have a personal checking account with us, we'll make your move easier by giving you your first order of Exclusive checks with your new address, free of charge. This offer is not valid with any other promotion and is limited to new personal checking account customers only. Only one offer per household. Debit card is subject to approval. This offer expiers December 31, 2005."

Source: fatwallet.com/t/52/531453/

#2 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

If you're into the "bank sign-up bonuses" GAME, you should open an account with this bank first before you open an account elsewhere.

Union Bank of California is very picky about who can open an account with them. I was rejected because I used to have like 5, 6, or 7 accounts with other banks.

Follow my advice, and you should get the 50 bucks.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(pangya88 @ Oct 15 2005, 09:47 AM)
If you're into the "bank sign-up bonuses" GAME, you should open an account with this bank first before you open an account elsewhere.

Union Bank of California is very picky about who can open an account with them.   I was rejected because I used to have like 5, 6, or 7 accounts with other banks.

Follow my advice, and you should get the 50 bucks.
View Post

I doubt that banks have a way to determine how many bank account you have. They can, however, find how many recent requests of your ChexSystems file other banks made within certain period of time. Usually, banks are reluctant to open an account for you if more than 3 requests of your ChexSystems have been made within a three-month period. So... if you have not opened too many accounts recently, you can try to open a UBC account again.

#4 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

Mark,

You are correct. UBC rejected my application because I had quite a number of bank requests of my ChexSystems file. (I opened like 5, 6, or 7 bank accounts all at the same time. Obviously I did it right after I discovered ibankdesign.com)

You are also correct that banks have no way of knowing how many bank accounts you actually have. I once had a problem opening an account at a bank in CA. The rep said that I had too many ChexSystems requests. I told her that I applied for a few accounts but never followed thru. She believed me and opened an account for me. I realized from this incident that banks have no way of knowing how many bank accounts you have.

Stats