Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

The best time for bank bonuses....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

One year after I got hooked on opening bank accounts, I think the best time to get sign-up bonuses is around september/october because of the fiscal year and stuff...

I'm not sure if it's because of the fiscal year and all that, but it seems to me that the bonuses are coming out of the woodwork during this time of the year....but that's just me...

Does anyone have other opinions? input? Just curious if it's just me or not.....oh well.

thank you for reading this post

#2 ABOUTBENS

ABOUTBENS

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:29 PM

How many 1099's do you think you'll have by the end of this year? This is the first year I've signed up for accounts just to get a bonus, and I'm wondering if it's confusing to have a bunch of 1099's for taxes. In spite of that, I say keep them coming! rolleyes.gif

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(ABOUTBENS @ Oct 19 2005, 12:29 PM)
How many 1099's do you think you'll have by the end of this year?  This is the first year I've signed up for accounts just to get a bonus, and I'm wondering if it's confusing to have a bunch of 1099's for taxes.  In spite of that, I say keep them coming!   rolleyes.gif
View Post

Since you are limited by ChexSystems to 4 new accounts per 3 months, you should not expect more than 16 1099's.

If your average bonus is $100, than you should expect to have $1600 in bonuses before taxes. If you get your spouse involved, you are talking about $3200 before taxes.

You can do even better if you do credit card, brokerage and, probably, "free stuff" deals.

#4 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

as long as it doesn't top $1500 (i think) I won't need to list them down...I'll just need to add them up.

#5 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

[/quote]
Since you are limited by ChexSystems to 4 new accounts per 3 months, you should not expect more than 16 1099's.

If your average bonus is $100, than you should expect to have $1600 in bonuses before taxes. If you get your spouse involved, you are talking about $3200 before taxes.

You can do even better if you do credit card, brokerage and, probably, "free stuff" deals.
[/quote]

Wait. When you said "4 new accounts per 3 months," did you mean that "in 3 months you can open 4 new bank accounts, 4 new credit card accounts AND 4 brokerage accounts" ???

If you know what I mean !!! Thanks

Stats