Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Banks that Retry Online Bill Payment?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SPDurkee

SPDurkee

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

I'm surprised no one as addressed the issue of banks that will draw your account negative and charge an NSF fee for online scheduled bill payments.

There are some banks out there, that will automatically retry the payment for 1-3 days and then simply cancel the payment and notify you.

Please submit any banks you are aware of that retry the online bill payments.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

Great question!

QUOTE(SPDurkee @ Nov 1 2005, 02:56 PM)
I'm surprised no one as addressed the issue of banks that will draw your account negative and charge an NSF fee for online scheduled bill payments.

I guess many people use overdraft protection to avoid NSF fees or/and email notification to get alerts about low account balance.

There are some banks out there, that will automatically retry the payment for 1-3 days and then simply cancel the payment and notify you.

Please submit any banks you are aware of that retry the online bill payments.
View Post

I am sure many members of iBankDesign, including me, will be interested to learn about such banks too.

Mark

#3 SPDurkee

SPDurkee

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

So far I've only found Citibank. However they charge for outbound ACH. The ultimate bank (if I ever find it) will provide the payments retries with free in/out ach.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Stats