Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$75 or $42 bonus - America’s Credit Union : Checking Direct or Choice Checking account with Direct Deposit, can join through AUSA; Exp. - unknown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:02 AM

sneaky.gif

LINK

If you join this CU via Association of the United States Army, you will have to pay $33.00 fee ("For those joining the Association of the United States Army as a means of qualifying for credit union membership, a $33.00 AUSA membership fee is required." ). So you will get $75 - $33 = $42

There may be other ways to join but I did not have time to explore them.

Terms:

Open a Checking Account with Direct Deposit receive a $75 Bonus*
Now when you open a a new qualifying Checking Direct or Choice Checking account with Direct Deposit, you'll receive a $75 bonus*. To take advantage of this special offer, contact us. If you are not a member and would like to establish an account, you can complete our online membership application or contact us.

*Direct Deposit must be initiated within 30 days of opening a Choice Checking or Checking Direct Account to receive the $75 bonus. The minimum Direct Deposit allotment to receive this offer is $250. The bonus is a credit that will post to the account within 60 days of the initial Direct Deposit. Bonus shall not be considered part of the opening deposit amount. The Choice Checking or Checking Direct Account must remain open for 12 months and have Direct Deposit or the $75 bonus will be debited (subtracted) from the account balance at closing. This offer is available on individual accounts only. This offer is limited to one per account number. Members that already have a Checking Account at America’s Credit Union, are not eligible for this offer. Some restrictions may apply. Ready Reserve (overdraft protection) is subject to qualifications. You must deposit at least $1 to open the Choice Checking or Checking Direct account. This offer can be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable.

#2 KGZotU

KGZotU

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

Eligibility Information
Membership in the Credit Union includes all members of the United States Armed Forces active, retired and reservists, all civilian personnel regularly employed or paid by organizations at Fort Lewis or McChord; all retired DOD civilians. All relatives of military and civilian members also may be members of the Credit Union (Mother, Father, Brother, Cousin, Aunt, etc.) and members of A.U.S.A. (Association of United States Army). Additionally, residents of the City of DuPont and/or members of the Northwest Landing Residential Owners Association are eligible to join.

They had this hidden away on their site.

--Joe

#3 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

Personally, I would consider this to be a restricted bonus, because even though there are no geographic residency restrictions, membership conditions still apply.

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

Since you can become eligible for CU membership by joining AUSA as a "Non-Government Civilian", the bonus is "partially nationwide"... you just get a smaller profit ($42).

Mark

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Mar 1 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post

Personally, I would consider this to be a restricted bonus, because even though there are no geographic residency restrictions, membership conditions still apply.

#5 cjc9024

cjc9024

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Mar 4 2007, 06:34 AM) View Post

Since you can become eligible for CU membership by joining AUSA as a "Non-Government Civilian", the bonus is "partially nationwide"... you just get a smaller profit ($42).

Mark

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Mar 1 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post

Going to look into joining the AUSA... It supports the army, right, so it goes to the soldiers?

EDIT: I went to www.ausa.org, it obviously helps the soldiers... but i can't find "Non-Government Civilian" anywhere though under Join.

Stats