Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

EmigrantDirect rate is starting to fall behind

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MacBanker

MacBanker

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hi Everyone.

While the Emigrant Direct was a clear leader - same as INGDirect was in 2003 and part of 2004 it seams to fall behind in the past month or two.
Last time before they bumped from 3.5 to 4, they were lagging to few banks for couple of weeks but they jumped over them with the hike to 4 %in September.

But now "the lagging" is lasting much longer and the leap they did in September looks less and less likely.

But if we decide that EmigrantDirect is not the leader anymore and that we need to pick another "Sweeetheart" which bank that would be ?
It doesn't appear that any other bank is the new clear leader for 2006 as Emigrant was in 2005 ?

I wonder what are the current/former Emigrant Direct cutomer opinions on this ?

Thanks

#2 xanuda349

xanuda349

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

FWIW, I am in the see-and-wait mode. I am seeing more and more banks offering 4% rates on their account, but I am waiting for a bank to offer significantly (at leat 4.5%) more to make is worth the troubles to move my money.

#3 Jay Shaw

Jay Shaw

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:23 AM

The HSBC Online Savings Account is looking like it's going to be the place that I deposit my money once my 4.5% promotional rate at Everbank expires in early January. If EmigrantDirect gets its act together and raises its rate to 4.5% or so before then, I'll go with them instead.

--Jay

#4 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:05 AM

well emigrant is advertising that they are the highest rate, which is no longer true, so i would hope they will up the rates very very soon, otherwise ill kinda be unhappy about their false claim

Stats