Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

cheat direct deposit?"

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:03 AM

all of the really good sign up offers always have a direct deposit requirment. but since i only have one job i can't get them.

so, does anyone know a way get several direct deposits without getting several jobs?

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Jan 25 2006, 09:03 PM)
all of the really good sign up offers always have a direct deposit requirment. but since i only have one job i can't get them. 

so, does anyone know a way get several direct deposits without getting several jobs?
View Post

Most banks do not have a system in place to detect the difference between Direct Deposits and ACH transfers. So you can often use ACH transfers to "mimic" Direct Deposit. You can try to use trial ACH service of Cashedge https://fundstransfe...c=null&homeid=0 or check an out-dated list of banks that offer ACH transfers here.

Whether this trick works for a particular bank or not can only be found by trial. Or you can try to find a customer that did this with a bank of your interest. Do not try to contact the bank because you will just inform them that they are getting cheated. They will put the "alternative way" you will mention on their "black list" (if any).

#3 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

what is the difference between ach and direct deposit

#4 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:56 AM

direct deposits are considered ACH transfers, but not all ACH transfers are considered direct deposits. (ACH=automated clearing houses?)

#5 xanuda349

xanuda349

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

You can check if your employer would let you split your paycheck among two (or more ) banks. That way you can keep most of your money going to your "main" account and a small sum to the bank which offers a bonus.

QUOTE(bonehead @ Jan 25 2006, 11:03 PM)

View Post

#6 bnorton

bnorton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Jan 26 2006, 04:03 AM)

View Post

Most companies allow you to have multiple Direct Deposits from your paycheck. For instance with mine, I can have two fixed amount direct deposits and one direct deposit of the remainder after those two fixed amounts. Thus at any one time you can respond to three offers. My company allows me to change the Direct Deposit setup electronically. Also, I've setup a number of accounts where the ACH transfer from another account has counted as Direct Deposits by banks, but you kind of have to experiment to see which ones will do this. I've found ETrade Bank and INGDirect to work wonderfully at sending money via ACH. I primarily use my ETrade Bank account to move money around as they allow to have any number of banks linked, whereas INGDirect only allows three linked accounts.

#7 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:02 AM

unless you have 100's of thousands of dollars to transfer around to different banks, don't you think the banks might be a little pissed if you direct deposit 3 bucks a week only to take it out a few weeks later and re direct deposit it, in a never ending circle?

#8 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Jan 29 2006, 10:02 PM)
unless you have 100's of thousands of dollars to transfer around to different banks, don't you think the banks might be a little pissed if you direct deposit  3 bucks a week only to take it out a few weeks later and re direct deposit it, in a never ending circle?
View Post

I think it is too expensive for them to watch ACH habits of individual customers. I have been doing this for 2 years with major US banks and never had any problems (yet?).

#9 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

you wouldn't by chance be willing to tell me which banks the fake direct deposit works with?

#10 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Feb 22 2006, 09:01 PM)
you wouldn't by chance be willing to tell me which banks the fake direct deposit works with?
View Post

The following banks have been reported to count ING/Paypal/ACH push transfers as direct deposits

Bank of America (ING, Paypal, ACH push)
Bank of the West (ING, Paypal, Emigrant)
Bank One (ING, PayPal, ACH push)
Charter One (ACH push, ING)
Chase (ING)
Citibank (ING, Emigrant, Paypal)
Citizens Bank (ING)
Commerce Bank (ING, Paypal) - refers to one in the northeast
Commerce Bank (ING) - refers to the one in Missouri
Compass Bank (ING)
E-Trade Bank (ING, ACH push)
HSBC (ING)
PNC Bank (ACH push, Paypal)
Principal Bank (ING)
Salem Five (ACH push)
SunTrust (ING, PayPal)
USAA (ING)
WACHovia (ING)
Washington Mutual (ING, Paypal)
Wells Fargo (ING???) - One report that ING is counted as DD, one report that it isn't...YMMV

Banks that don't count ING/Paypal/ACH push transfers as direct deposits (confirmed failures)

Charter One (no PayPal)
Presidential Bank
Wells Fargo (no ING???)
WACHovia (no PayPal)
PNC Bank

See more discussion here

#11 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

thanks
question: how come it might work with paypal but not ing if both use an ach transfer?

#12 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

You are not really cheating because most of these banks will accept any kind of electronic transaction as a Direct Deposit. As for those that don't, they don't care. If they did they'd monitor your account and then refuse to pay the bonus. But if they did that the word would get out as fast as you type a message on these boards and they'd lose business. So it's more profitable for them to look the other way.

When I use Paypal to make the transfers it shows up with my first and last name and Co. at the end of it at the bank even though it's just a personal account but I am using if for business purposes from time to time.

#13 Paperchaser777

Paperchaser777

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:30 AM

Hi,

I'm new here of course... I have some questions...

if I were to just deposit some funds online from my Bank of America account to a new bank offering a bonus, wouldn't this be considered an eligible direct deposit?

Do we have an updated list of banks that will accept what I mentioned, as a direct deposit?

This is a really cool way to make some cash! Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated.

Stats