Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

caught off guard by netbank fee!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:35 AM

i just used the netbank bonus links to open up the money market checking combo for a 150 dollar bonus. i am always careful to read the terms and conditions throughly, but it seems i misses this one.

net bank charges a 5 dollar fee on money markets that have an average daily balance below 500 dollars.
has that fee always been there or did netbank just slip it in recently? also does anyone know if there is any kind of leway for recently funded accounts? (it is so stupid for banks to set the min opening below that of the min balance needed to avoid a fee?)

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Jan 31 2006, 10:35 PM)
(it is so stupid for banks to set the min opening below that of the min balance needed to avoid a fee?)

... only if they care about customers. If a bank does not care, it is a smart thing to do because it helps the bank to milk more fee profit from customers.

The minimum balance of Netbank money market account to avoid fee used to be $250. I guess it is $500 now.

#3 mnl8844

mnl8844

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

i just closed my accounts at netbank and i will never have to worry about their fees again

#4 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

how bad did they get you?

#5 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:11 AM

only 5 dollars a month, but get this. my linked account is bofa and net bank wont accept internet transfers from bofa so now i have to buy a box of checks or send them a wire transfer or they will keep charging me.
i plan on reporting them to the fdic for false advertising.

Stats