Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

danger danger netbank danger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:13 AM

listen to this one

i open a netbank checking and money market account to get the bonus. everything worked fine, i transfered the money in electroniclly from bank of america.
however netbank is now completly incompatable with bank of america for any kind of internet transfers ,except wire transfers, but that is like 9 dollars,. i call net bank 3 times and talk to 3 different people along with their supervisors and all they tell me is "to bad, take it up with bank of america, it isn't our problem"
i can't close the accounts because there is a early withdrawl fee, and i can't leave it in because of a 5 dollar a month fee for being below balance. so it would appear i am, screwed. (also i have no checks with bofa so i can't transfer money that way)

does, anyone know what i can do? i feel like they breached their end of the contract.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Feb 1 2006, 08:13 PM)
listen to this one

i open a netbank checking and money market account to get the bonus.  everything worked fine, i transfered the money in electroniclly from bank of america.
however netbank is now completly incompatable with bank of america for any kind of internet transfers ,except wire transfers, but that is like 9 dollars,.  i call net bank 3 times and talk to 3 different people along with their supervisors and all they tell me is "to bad, take it up with bank of america, it isn't our problem"
i can't close the accounts because there is a early withdrawl fee, and i can't leave it in because of a 5 dollar a month fee for being below balance.  so it would appear i am, screwed.  (also i have no checks with bofa so i can't transfer money that way)

does, anyone know what i can do?  i feel like they breached their end of the contract.
View Post

You could possibly try to open a free checking account in bank "C" with free outgoing ACH transfers (e.g. USAA, Farm Bureau Bank, Virtual Bank, ING Direct, etc) and do transfer BofA - Bank C - Netbank. It would take time to open another account though. Many banks also have limits on how much money you can access during the first month after account opening.

Did you try to set-up BofA ACH transfers for Netbank? BofA uses Cashedge as ACH provider. I would be surprised if Cashedge were not capable to do ACH transfers to Netbank. If you need to move money to Netbank fast, may be you can "eat" the cost of outgoing ACH transfers at BofA ($5?) and transfer money to Netbank using BofA ACH service.

I also heard that Netbank offered free ATM deposits and they worked fine for many people.

Mark

#3 mnl8844

mnl8844

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

yes, netbank's atm deposits (depending on where u live) are fast (for the first $100) and work fine. but you also have the choice of withdrawing cash from bank of america and making it into a money order at wal mart (costs .46) and mailing it to netbank. or use paypal. paypal will ACH it from bank of america to netbank for free. paypal cannot withdraw from netbank, but that shouldn't matter to you.

#4 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(bonehead @ Feb 2 2006, 03:13 AM)
listen to this one

i open a netbank checking and money market account to get the bonus.  everything worked fine, i transfered the money in electroniclly from bank of america.
however netbank is now completly incompatable with bank of america for any kind of internet transfers ,except wire transfers, but that is like 9 dollars,.  i call net bank 3 times and talk to 3 different people along with their supervisors and all they tell me is "to bad, take it up with bank of america, it isn't our problem"
i can't close the accounts because there is a early withdrawl fee, and i can't leave it in because of a 5 dollar a month fee for being below balance.  so it would appear i am, screwed.  (also i have no checks with bofa so i can't transfer money that way)

does, anyone know what i can do?  i feel like they breached their end of the contract.
View Post

Assuming you want to close the accounts transfer the money in the money market account into the checking account and then using billpay send the money to yourself. Then close the accounts, should work. Or you could bring the amount in the money market up to the minimum by using Quick Post & drop it off at any UPS store. Not unless NetBank stopped Quick Post?

Stats