Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 - Netbank : $2000 4.80% 1 year CD, For Existing Customers; Exp. 3/31/06

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

IPB Image

Thanks Vivyip for pointing my attention to this bonus and StarHusker posting this info on FW:

Login into your NetBank account, click on the your special offers link, and you will find out the offer.

CD rate 4.75% APY advertised (but when you apply it says 4.8% APY)
Requirement: 2000 USD minimum, 1 year minimum.
Offer subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Expires 3/31/06.

FYI: if you count the 50 GC as cash, the real APY is 0.0475+50/2000=7.25% APY. Of course, there is always tax concern..

Please be nice as this is my first OP.

fine print:

*Annual Percentage Yield. The stated APY is accurate as of 01/31/2006 and may change before your account is funded. The rate and yield you receive are determined by the date we receive your deposit. Get a $50 Visa® Gift Card when you open and fund a 1-year (or longer) term Certificate of Deposit (CD) with a minimum balance of $2,000 for 30 consecutive days and a minimum term of 12 months. Funding must be money not currently on deposit with NetBank®. Service fees or penalties charged against the account may reduce earnings. Penalty fee for any early withdrawal of funds. CD must be funded within 120 days after opening the account or it will be closed. Offer good until March 31, 2006.

Customers who meet the qualifying criteria will be paid a $50 Visa® Gift Card, which will be mailed to the address provided by the account holder within 4 weeks of meeting the promotional requirements of opening the CD.

Source: fatwallet.com/t/52/579340/

#2 FIREFinance

FIREFinance

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Finance, Computer Science

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

The APY has increased to 5.06% for 12 month CDs with minimum $2000.

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

The offer is now....

$25 for a 5k cd.... and expires 6/30/06

#4 nttrong

nttrong

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

Just wonder if anyone has received the GC. I opened mine Feb 23, but did not receive it yet. Thanks.

#5 stanwebber

stanwebber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(nttrong @ Apr 11 2006, 03:01 PM)
Just wonder if anyone has received the GC. I opened mine Feb 23, but did not receive it yet. Thanks.
View Post

i'm wondering about that myself. i certainly hope they're not waiting until the maturity date of the cd

#6 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

I funded my cd on 3/15 and have received the CD. Hope this helps

#7 stanwebber

stanwebber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(vivyip @ May 20 2006, 12:27 PM)
I funded my cd on 3/15 and have received the CD.  Hope this helps
View Post

i got my giftcard this past week as well, but i have no way to activate it. www.netbank.com/giftcard rejects my connection & phone activation asks for a code i was never supplied with. how did you activate yours?

#8 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:40 AM

i was able to activate it with my zipcode (5 digits)

some other people say that the 5 digit code (PIN?) is the last 5 digits on the card...

hope this helps

#9 stanwebber

stanwebber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(vivyip @ May 22 2006, 06:40 PM)
i was able to activate it with my zipcode (5 digits)

some other people say that the 5 digit code (PIN?) is the last 5 digits on the card...

hope this helps
View Post

those suggestions sound reasonable to try. did you just guess at it until you figured it out? i contacted netbank about the broken link. if they dont fix it by the end of the week i'll try your suggestions

#10 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

The reason I used my zipcode is because this is the second time I've gotten a netbank GC from one of their promotions.

I got the original drugstore promotion and when I talked to the customer rep they told me that I was now activated (I think they told me so, but I forget)

So, I tried using the zipcode this time on the automated system...and it still worked.

Sorry if this is confusing...hope this helps

#11 stanwebber

stanwebber

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(vivyip @ May 26 2006, 05:04 PM)
The reason I used my zipcode is because this is the second time I've gotten a netbank GC from one of their promotions.

I got the original drugstore promotion and when I talked to the customer rep they told me that I was now activated (I think they told me so, but I forget)

So, I tried using the zipcode this time on the automated system...and it still worked.

Sorry if this is confusing...hope this helps
View Post

it worked. i activated the giftcard with my zipcode @ https://www.visadpsg...ftHomePage.aspx

Stats