Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 VISA gift card-SunTrust Bank free checking

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bobk2000

bobk2000

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

go to SunTrust site, personal banking, there is an ad for free checking: Open a new Free Checking account today and you're eligible to receive a $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card. Open a new Free Checking account from 2/13/06 through 3/31/06 to receive a redemption certificate for a free $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card. Clients must complete and postmark the redemption certificate included in the new checking account materials no later than 4/21/06. The account must remain open and in good standing as of 5/31/06 in order to qualify for the offer; only one redemption certificate per household. The $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card will be sent to qualifying clients by 7/15/06.

There is a $25 fee for accounts closed within 6 months. You must open the account with $100 minimum; once opened, there is no minimum. Account may be opened over the internet from their website. Newspaper ad for this (not necessary) was in February 11, 2006 Washington Post

#2 zarraza

zarraza

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(bobk2000 @ Feb 13 2006, 02:16 PM)
go to SunTrust site, personal banking, there is an ad for free checking: Open a new Free Checking account today and you're eligible to receive a $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card. Open a new Free Checking account from 2/13/06 through 3/31/06 to receive a redemption certificate for a free $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card. Clients must complete and postmark the redemption certificate included in the new checking account materials no later than 4/21/06. The account must remain open and in good standing as of 5/31/06 in order to qualify for the offer; only one redemption certificate per household. The $50 SunTrust VisaŽ Gift Card will be sent to qualifying clients by 7/15/06. 

There is a $25 fee for accounts closed within 6 months.  You must open the account with $100 minimum; once opened, there is no minimum. Account may be opened over the internet from their website.  Newspaper ad for this (not necessary) was in February 11, 2006 Washington Post
View Post

this one is "semi" state specific.

at least there was no provision in CURRENT address for arizona - so i take it i'm not eligible!

#3 kremedonut

kremedonut

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(zarraza @ Feb 13 2006, 07:00 PM)

this one is "semi" state specific.

at least there was no provision in CURRENT address for arizona - so i take it i'm not eligible!
View Post

The SunTrust website has different fee schedules for different places/states. My guess is you need to live in one of those places. (I did not check on that, however)

Those states are: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

LINK

#5 madmoney

madmoney

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:08 PM

PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't bother with SunTrust. I was lured in by this very same promotion. 2 weeks later, I'm wishing I had never had dealings with this bank.

The only pros I've discovered are their hours and location.

The customer service is THE WORST I have EVER experienced for a bank. Everyone either don't know the answer to your question, or (as is the case if you call the branch), they rush you off the phone either by lying to you, or outright hanging up.

Their policies ARE NOT like most other banks. PLEASE make sure you read the fine print...everything is set up a little bit skewed.

If you are serious about your money and banking, go find a real bank. In the long run, the $50 gift card just ain't worth it!

MadMoney

#6 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

Madmoney, it's a moot point. The SunTrust promo expired 3/31.
Mike

#7 Guest_matz_*

Guest_matz_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

Suntrust is the worst bank EVER!!!
They held a check of ours for 30 days!!!! it was an out of state check, I understand that there is a hold but not for the whole month of february!!
Then we ran into overdraft fees, happens, and that specific branch deactivated our cards, without ever telling us!! I was in the bank on a friday, they never even told me that they deactivated my card........
I am just shaking, thinking about it!

DO NOT USE THIS BANK!!!!!!

#8 Guest_Vishi_*

Guest_Vishi_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

I second opinion of this gentleman/lady....Suntrust is just not worth it

QUOTE(madmoney @ Apr 4 2006, 03:08 PM) View Post

PLEASE do yourself a favor and don't bother with SunTrust. I was lured in by this very same promotion. 2 weeks later, I'm wishing I had never had dealings with this bank.

The only pros I've discovered are their hours and location.

The customer service is THE WORST I have EVER experienced for a bank. Everyone either don't know the answer to your question, or (as is the case if you call the branch), they rush you off the phone either by lying to you, or outright hanging up.

Their policies ARE NOT like most other banks. PLEASE make sure you read the fine print...everything is set up a little bit skewed.

If you are serious about your money and banking, go find a real bank. In the long run, the $50 gift card just ain't worth it!

MadMoney

Stats