Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Are you lucky? Try to open a 3% Citibank e-savings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

GoCowboys posted info about new Citibank e-savings account here. Below are terms of the account from a post by fresh463 . Several people were able to open an account, the others failed. You have to call 1-800-745-1534 to open an account (Thanks Vivyip)

Rates are current for the Citibank e-Savings Account as of 05/16/2005 and are subject to change. Rates may change after the account is opened and fees could reduce earnings.

To open a Citibank e-Savings Account you must have or open a checking account in the Citibank EZ Checking, Citibank Account, Citibank Everything Counts Account or CitiGold Account relationship package. Your Citibank e-Savings Account must also appear on the same statement as your checking account. Regular Checking accounts do not earn interest. Fees may apply to the checking account.

Deposits subject to Citibank's standard funds availability delays. The maximum account deposit balance, exclusive of interest, is $250,000.

*Citibank EZ Checking package is free of monthly maintenance fees and per-check fees with 2 or more qualifying electronic bill payments from, or a direct deposit to, a Regular Checking account during the monthly statement period. Otherwise, when the $1,500 minimum balance requirement is not met, your package will be subject to a maintenance fee and a per-check fee.
Qualifying electronic bill payments are individual or recurring bill payments that you make to a third party: by preauthorized transfer; using Citibank Online; or using CitiPhone Banking bill payment service. Staff assisted bill payments are subject to monthly service charge of $4.95. Payments you made by check do not qualify.

†Forbes.com's Best of The Web chose Citibank Online as its favorite online banking site in its Spring 2005 issue

#2 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:37 AM

The reason I use 1-800-745-1534 sounds a bit silly, but I tend to use this phone number because I think this number almost certainly reaches someone in the USA. I also like this number because this number is for new accounts, but that's just my opinion.

If the e-savings account shows up online on Tuesday, then I'll post here. happy.gif Otherwise, I'll wait with everyone else for the end of next month (where it's supposed to go into effect.)

Maybe the fatwallet effect hit their service center and that's why they took off the bridgetrack offer page of CDF2 (or somethign like that) happy.gif

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

crud, crud, CRAP!!!!!

Something showed up on my citibank accounts area...

and it was a savings account -- their normal savings account! NOT their 3% one! ugh!!!! it has 0.00 in it, but it clearly states it's 0.50 percent...ARGH!!!!

I need to complain!!!

#4 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(vivyip @ May 28 2005, 05:46 PM)
crud, crud, CRAP!!!!!

Something showed up on my citibank accounts area...

and it was a savings account -- their normal savings account!  NOT their 3% one!  ugh!!!!  it has 0.00 in it, but it clearly states it's 0.50 percent...ARGH!!!! 

I need to complain!!!
View Post

wow thats lame!
hopefully they will have the esavings account soon and they dont screw up, and your account gets fixed heh

#5 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

There might be hope yet...

I called today and asked what was going on...

I talked to a Priscilla and she entered/noted that my "day to day" savings account was supposed to be "e-savings with 3%" and said it will be corrected.

I hope this works... (or at least, the real e-savings shows up soon) happy.gif

#6 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

From strange to downright bizarre...

Now, the same account number (that's supposed to be for the e-savings I applied for...) for the "day to day savings" is also a "checking account.....go figure...man, this is so messed up...

sigh

#7 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(vivyip @ Jun 2 2005, 03:20 PM)
From strange to downright bizarre...

Now, the same account number (that's supposed to be for the e-savings I applied for...) for the "day to day savings"  is also a "checking account.....go figure...man, this is so messed up...

sigh
View Post

wow thats werid lol

#8 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

the link and account are now "live" happy.gif Apply to your heart's content. (Use the phone number and choose option #2...option #3 gives you india)

My dubious experience. happy.gif This time I spoke to a Simon who asked a whole bunch of questions to open the account. He said it might take 3-5 days unless you're already a customer (should be 1-2 days)

Anyway, I think the account is now showing up online as "Preferred Money Market" (from FAQ here ) will show up on an upcoming paper statement as "e-Savings"

Well, if this is the correct one....then it's fast! happy.gif (let's hope nothing goes wrong this time happy.gif)

(more babble on the phone options...

1 -- status of application: I think it's in the USA
2 -- opening a new account: USA
3 -- customer service: I think it's in India)

#9 propcgamer

propcgamer

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

i signed up for an e-savings the other day :0

however i was kind of angry because i was transferred around between 5 different CSR's

#10 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

the continuing tale of the e-savings...

According to some reports at FW, depending on the code and when you open the account, your interest rate might range from 3.00% to 3.50%

Hope you have the highest code!

Stats