Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

How many bank accounts do you have?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 inimd

inimd

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

How many *active* bank accounts do you have?
By active accounts I mean accounts that are currently open.
(Not counting bank accounts you closed in the past)

I have 4.
I'm tempted to open a few bank accounts to get the sign-up bonuses but did not have the time.
Wondering how many sign-up bonuses you all did and how many bank accounts you currently have.

#2 pidu

pidu

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

Total 4

I signed up for two to get the sign-up bonus. rolleyes.gif

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:11 AM

unsure.gif

ummm... before I started paying attention to interest rates (~10 months ago): accounts in 2 banks

after I opened a few CDs (~9 months ago): accounts in 4 banks

after someone reccomended the signup bonus thread at fatwallet and then I migrated over here: accounts in 16 banks (not including paypal)

mellow.gif

(I think I went overboard in october happy.gif)

#4 mnl8844

mnl8844

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

lets see...
i got one with ascencia bank, i got one with buffalo grove bank, one with washington mutual, one with netbank, 2 with ufbdirect, one with ING, one with emigrant, one with first bankers trust. i guess that makes it 9 bank accounts.

i recently closed one with virtualbank, one with netbank, 2 with washington mutual, 2 with tcfbank, 1 with usbank, 1 with etrade, 1 with citibank, one with union bank, and one with la salle bank. that comes to 11 closed accounts.

all together i have had 22 bank accounts. wow i didn't know it was that much. but the question only asked how many active accounts i have, and the answer is 9.

#5 mir322

mir322

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:58 AM

Hmmm...I think my husband and I have around 16??? And that was when I slowed down on opening the accounts....I'm about to close a few.

#6 MrOpine

MrOpine

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(mir322 @ Jun 11 2005, 03:58 AM)
Hmmm...I think my husband and I have around 16??? And that was when I slowed down on opening the accounts....I'm about to close a few.
View Post

I think it's important to remember that every time you open a bank account YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY number along with other personal information is requested by the bank and STORED in a computer somewhere.

I too have played the bank game opening numerous accounts to collect $50, 100, 250 cash bonuses but then......

Citibank reported losing customer info.
Bank of America reported losing customer info.
Chase reported hack.
etc...etc.

If you have 9 or 16 accounts then its 9 x or 16 x the opportunity for ID theives to steal your info.

Until laws change that will punish these data collectors for incompetence, I have shrunk my accounts down to 2 and with small unknown banks.

First rule of wealth accumulation - Never let anyone know how much you have and where it is!

Mr. Opine

#7 ABOUTBENS

ABOUTBENS

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:18 AM

I currently have 4:  NetBank, ING, Capitol One, and Fifth Third.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(inimd @ Jun 6 2005, 10:57 PM)
How many *active* bank accounts do you have?
By active accounts I mean accounts that are currently open.
(Not counting bank accounts you closed in the past)

I have 4.
I'm tempted to open a few bank accounts to get the sign-up bonuses but did not have the time.
Wondering how many sign-up bonuses you all did and how many bank accounts you currently have.
View Post

#8 PFJournal.com

PFJournal.com

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:00 AM

I currently have four, also.

#9 JOHNSON

JOHNSON

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:08 PM

biggrin.gif between me and my wife our banking accounts are as follows: Capital One MM and Sav, ING Sav (& CD's), NetBank 2 Checking and 2 MM, Fifth Third Checking, Emigrant Sav, and Etrade 2 MM accounts. Not counting the CD's, the Checking, Sav, and MM accounts total biggrin.gif 11 biggrin.gif

#10 stmdqmw

stmdqmw

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

I have 10 active bank accounts.

#11 MacBanker

MacBanker

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

3 banks, use to have 5 before I closed ING and MetLife