Does anybody have suggestions for a bank that can provide:
1. Free checking (does not have to be interest bearing)
2. Free Online Bill pay
3. 5 day holds placed on POS purchase authorizations
4. Ability to schedule bill payment any day in the near future (near as in a month)
5. Funds hold on bill payments until payee cashes check
6. Unlimited bill payment transactions
7. No out-of-state holds on deposits just because the bank is located out-of-state
8. No minimum balance
9. Very small minimum amout to open an account.
10. Customer service that has the power to fix problems and understand the technology behind banking
The problem I am having with my current bank (Citizens) is that they place a hold on POS authorizations for only 24 hours. If the merchant has not processed their batch within 24 hours, my account is credited the authorization hold and there is no record of the charge that is on its way to the account. This forces my to ignore whatever the online balance says and keep a seperate paper checkbook. That is a 20 year step back.
Thank you for your comments