Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

6% 13 Month CD at WAMU with BUMP?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ratbert

ratbert

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:32 PM

Called WAMU (Washington Mutual Bank) today here in Houston, asked them about rumor about 6% CD. Rep said yes 6% for 13 months, last day to purchase August 31, 2006. happy.gif

Check must come from a different bank. Asked if I transferred funds from ING to my WAMU checking would that be OK... nope! Must be check from another bank to open 6% CD. Anyway she goes on to say that the 6% rate has a bump feature and if rates increase, they will bump up the rate too.. not sure what the trigger is though. cussing.gif

Also asked if the CD was callable, and she said no. All is good. happy.gif

Minimum $1000 with $100,000 max to be insured FDIC unless you have a joint account then more?

Figure % rates will probably go up, but 6% now is better than 5%ish around in the MM's.

#2 suj

suj

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:44 PM

Just called my local wamu branch in northern California. The deal is still available, but the APY is down to 5.85% here.

QUOTE(ratbert @ Aug 24 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

Called WAMU (Washington Mutual Bank) today here in Houston, asked them about rumor about 6% CD. Rep said yes 6% for 13 months, last day to purchase August 31, 2006. happy.gif

Check must come from a different bank. Asked if I transferred funds from ING to my WAMU checking would that be OK... nope! Must be check from another bank to open 6% CD. Anyway she goes on to say that the 6% rate has a bump feature and if rates increase, they will bump up the rate too.. not sure what the trigger is though. cussing.gif

Minimum $1000 with $100,000 max to be insured FDIC unless you have a joint account then more?

Figure % rates will probably go up, but 6% now is better than 5%ish around in the MM's.

#3 ratbert

ratbert

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:02 PM

I got 6% yesterday, but the offer in Texas ends today. 08-31-06 Asked how the "bump" feature works and was told if rates rise you get to a one time shot to request an increase to match the prevailing rate. Sort of vague, but better than nothing.

QUOTE(suj @ Aug 29 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

Just called my local wamu branch in northern California. The deal is still available, but the APY is down to 5.85% here.

QUOTE(ratbert @ Aug 24 2006, 04:32 PM) View Post

Stats