Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

6% 6-month CD from Citibank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

LINK

I am not sure if it is available nationwide though.

#2 ratbert

ratbert

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

I just talked to Citibank on the phone. This offer is only available in Texas. The rep said it's a promotion to get new accounts in Texas since they are new to the market here. I asked when the offer would expire and he said it was an ongoing promotion and they would get notice when it's ending. You must open a checking account to get the 6% rate on the CD. The EZ checking package has no fees if you maintain $1500 combined balance in CD, checking, saving, etc. I asked how much you had to put in the checking account since it does not accrue interest. He said there is no minimum so $1 would work. If you close the checking account when you pull the CD's you will not incur any checking fees. This account can be opened over the phone and is not available on the internet since it is only for Texas residents.

QUOTE(markber @ Aug 26 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

LINK

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for finding this out, ratbert!

Mark

QUOTE(ratbert @ Aug 31 2006, 07:58 AM) View Post

I just talked to Citibank on the phone. This offer is only available in Texas. The rep said it's a promotion to get new accounts in Texas since they are new to the market here. I asked when the offer would expire and he said it was an ongoing promotion and they would get notice when it's ending. You must open a checking account to get the 6% rate on the CD. The EZ checking package has no fees if you maintain $1500 combined balance in CD, checking, saving, etc. I asked how much you had to put in the checking account since it does not accrue interest. He said there is no minimum so $1 would work. If you close the checking account when you pull the CD's you will not incur any checking fees. This account can be opened over the phone and is not available on the internet since it is only for Texas residents.

QUOTE(markber @ Aug 26 2006, 01:27 AM) View Post

LINK

Stats