Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

debit rewards idea, it almost worked

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:02 PM

I tried and tried, i scowered the net and came up empty, is now i guess it is time to pass my failed idea around in the hopes that someone more clever than i can revitalize it.

as most of us know wamu offers 3 cents back on each debit card purchas up to 250 dollars, to take full advantage of this offer one would have to make 8333 purchases in a year or 22 a day. My idea was to find an online credit card processor, paypal, ccbill or something, that would accept 1 cent debit card purchases (you would get to keep the other 2) and set up recurring billing at 22 times a day. but i couldn't the cheapest processor i found was paypal and they cost 5 cents per transaction, which would kill off any profit, and then some.
so my idea has floundered but hopefully it can be raised from the dead, if perhaps..., just maybe..., the collective minds of ibankdesign could in some way pool our efforts and talents and come up with a way to make it work. perhaps there is something out there that can be bought 8333 times and we can find it.

#2 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:18 AM

come on!!!! there has to be one briliant person out there with at least an idea. we are talking alot of free money here.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:15 PM

I was trying to find something like what you are looking for a while ago and failed. sad.gif If you find a solution, please let us know!

Mark

P.S.

May be some places that accept donations...?

M.

QUOTE(bonehead @ Oct 6 2006, 03:02 PM) View Post

I tried and tried, i scowered the net and came up empty, is now i guess it is time to pass my failed idea around in the hopes that someone more clever than i can revitalize it.

as most of us know wamu offers 3 cents back on each debit card purchas up to 250 dollars, to take full advantage of this offer one would have to make 8333 purchases in a year or 22 a day. My idea was to find an online credit card processor, paypal, ccbill or something, that would accept 1 cent debit card purchases (you would get to keep the other 2) and set up recurring billing at 22 times a day. but i couldn't the cheapest processor i found was paypal and they cost 5 cents per transaction, which would kill off any profit, and then some.
so my idea has floundered but hopefully it can be raised from the dead, if perhaps..., just maybe..., the collective minds of ibankdesign could in some way pool our efforts and talents and come up with a way to make it work. perhaps there is something out there that can be bought 8333 times and we can find it.

#4 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:15 AM

i checked up on that too, I guess we think alike, i am just a little behind. unfortunatly most of the charities i looked at had a minium donation level for credit and debit gifts, the red cross is 10 dollars.
I did find a few that didn't seem to have a minium donation amount, but it costs like 15 cents to process a debit card transaction even if it is for one cent. though i don't consider my self the most ethical person. I figured that i would feel really bad about taking advantage of the good will of a bunch of people who really only want to help. there are enough mean spirited people out there already, I do not need to be one of them. 8333*.15=1249.5 dollars * 10 people 12490 dollars, that could really help some people

so usless someone knows that charities don't have to pay transaction fees for debit cards i don't think we should use them.
I will get off my box now.

QUOTE(markber @ Oct 7 2006, 07:15 PM) View Post

I was trying to find something like what you are looking for a while ago and failed. sad.gif If you find a solution, please let us know!

Mark

P.S.

May be some places that accept donations...?

M.

QUOTE(bonehead @ Oct 6 2006, 03:02 PM) View Post

Stats