Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$200 bonus - Citibank : checking, keep $1.5K for 2 mo, direct deposit or 2 bill pays per month for 6 months; Exp. - 12/31/07

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:20 AM

happy.gif
Update (3/21/07). Apparently, the deal was extended to 12/31/07 (see post #6 of this thread).

Update (12/19/06): I am moving this deal to the "nationwide bonus board", because apparently this deal can be done over the phone. See message #2 of this thread.

You can get $100 when you open a regular Citibank checking account and keep $1500 balance for 60 days.
You can get additional $100 when you have a direct deposit to Citibank checking account for 6 months or do 2 bill payments per month for six months.
You have to open an account in Citibank branch. Although it looks like initial application can be done by phone (mention code MGCH)
Thanks Cossack for sharing this deal (fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=643207)

Attached Files

• Attached File  2b.jpg   105.94KB   5639 downloads

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

According to this fredw's post, the deal can be done over the phone. Here is a repost:

""""
Promo code MGCH does not work on their website, but it does on the phone. Valid account types are EZ, CVA, EVA, and Citigold. I called their tollfree number 12/16 and opened an account. The first person that answers the phone can't pull the offer up; but twice, after they put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back and told me the offer was valid. The first person asks name and address, then transfer you to a "personal banker" who completes the process and reads the disclaimers. Both times, my call was disconnected after the 3 of us were on the line and the first person disconnected. So make sure that the personal banker has your callback number. I'm supposed to get a packet and my debit card within a week, and then have 60 days to fund the $1500. Multiple deposits are counted, so you don't have to put in all $1500 upfront.
"""

#3 goodfood

goodfood

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:09 AM

[size=6]Hi, I am an interantional graduate student. I am employed as a teaching-assistant. I wonder if I can ejoy this benifit. Is it only for US citizens and perminents residents?

I went to Citibank to open a new account. The reprisentative told me that I can't even enroll in the "Thankyou point program". shy.gif

Thank you.

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(goodfood @ Jan 29 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

[size=6]Hi, I am an interantional graduate student. I am employed as a teaching-assistant. I wonder if I can ejoy this benifit. Is it only for US citizens and perminents residents?

I went to Citibank to open a new account. The reprisentative told me that I can't even enroll in the "Thankyou point program". shy.gif

Thank you.

I knew several international students who got Citibank bonuses in the past. I do no think they informed Citibank about their immigration status. And apparently, Citibank did not make any efforts to verify whether they were either citizens or permanent residents.

#5 goodfood

goodfood

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Thanks for the information. laugh.gif I'll have a try. happy.gif

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

According to the Bank Deals blog, the MGCH promo has been extended to 12/31/07.

Quote:

"""

Citibank is still offering a $200 checking account bonus, and I just confirmed that the end date has been extended to 12/31/07. This one isn't listed online. There was a flyer with the promo code MGCH. The easiest way to apply for this promotion is by calling the Citibank number 1-866-810-9043 and mentioning this promo code.
"""

source: bankdeals.blogspot.com/

#7 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

The problem with Citibank bonuses is that they're all now restricted to "first-time Citibank deposit account customers". How many iBankDesign members have never had an account with Citibank??!!
QUOTE(markber @ Mar 21 2007, 06:45 PM) View Post

According to the Bank Deals blog, the MGCH promo has been extended to 12/31/07.

Quote:

"""

Citibank is still offering a $200 checking account bonus, and I just confirmed that the end date has been extended to 12/31/07. This one isn't listed online. There was a flyer with the promo code MGCH. The easiest way to apply for this promotion is by calling the Citibank number 1-866-810-9043 and mentioning this promo code.
"""

source: bankdeals.blogspot.com/

#8 JOHN G

JOHN G

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:14 AM

I suppose I can make three deposits of $500 at 3 different times within 60 days to be qualified. But must I keep this $1,500 intact in the bank for 60 days? Any advise is welcome. Thank you.

Stats