Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Terrible Bank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IHateBOA_21

IHateBOA_21

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

We have been banking with Bank of America for almost a year now. They have LOST two of our deposits in less then 3 months time. If we had not keep deposit reciepts almost $2,000 of our moneywould have been gone.
They recently charged us $10 to transfer 2 cents from our savings account (which they require you open to get free checking).
They charged us $360 in overdraft fees for going $15 over and threatned to make it impossible to open a bank account anywhere else if we didn't pay. Their service is horrible, their automated system is aggravating and you have to be completley anal about keeping deposit reciepts because they MIGHT LOSE YOUR MONEY! And this is not an isolated incident! Do your research before banking with Bank Of America!

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(IHateBOA_21 @ Jul 31 2005, 09:39 AM)
We have been banking with Bank of America for almost a year now. They have LOST two of our deposits in less then 3 months time. If we had not keep deposit reciepts almost $2,000 of our moneywould have been gone.

How did you make these deposits?

They recently charged us $10 to transfer 2 cents from our savings account (which they require you open to get free checking).

Was this fee for transfers between savings and checking account in BofA fee schedule? Did you try to ask the bank to wave the fee for this particular incident?

They charged us $360 in overdraft fees for going $15 over and threatned to make it impossible to open a bank account anywhere else if we didn't pay.

Was the overdraft fees in BofA fee schedule? I wonder why you were charged $360. An NSF fee is usually $25-$35.

And again, did you try to ask the bank to wave the fee for this particular incident?

It looks like you may want to find a more user-friendly bank. Consider First Internet Bank of Indiana. It waved NSF fees two times for me. Other people reported similar experiences.

#3 haha0550

haha0550

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

please clarify, I am a Band of America customer as well. I like fleet better. but I have no choice.

#4 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

I've found Bank of America's quality to vary across the country, as all these other banks are assimilated. Where was your bank?

This is why I always make larger deposits via a teller. They must process millions of checks a day, I bet they think a couple lost checks is just noise.

Stats