Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Eastern Bank's "New Policy"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: They say now all checks are held, but your balance says available. When you use your debit card they charge you overdrawn fees. I haven't used mine or checks in over 4 months and I am still being told that I have an overdrawn check once in a while. (1 member(s) have cast votes)

They say now all checks are held, but your balance says available. When you use your debit card they charge you overdrawn fees. I haven't used mine or checks in over 4 months and I am still being told that I have an overdrawn check once in a while.

1. This has happened to you more than 5times in the past month (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. This has happened to me more than 5x's in the last 2 months (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. This has happened to me less than 5x's in the past month (0 votes [0.00%])

4. This has never happened to me (0 votes [0.00%])

5. This has happened to me so much I want to look into it further (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bridget0308

bridget0308

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

Do you feel like they are playing tricks with your account? Well I am personally tired of it and I would like to hear you opinion. Eastern Bank has recently, so I just found out a few months ago, changed their ways of doing things. Now even Eastern Bank checks are being held longer than normal. Say I deposited my check in to my account which was drawn on Eastern Bank, and the same day Icheck my balance with my ATM card. My available balance is 523.00, so I take out 100.00. Well come to find out that because I took that out and wasn't "really" available, they charge me 27.00 for an overdrawn account. So I went on vacation and wrote a check. Now it said it was available, so I figured it would go through fine. When I returned, I found I still had money available and so I took it out. Being gone for so long I figured the check woulld have gone through, my fault. But even after I put the money in my account, the check came in and went back out, in and out, a few times and I ended up paying over 200.00 for a 57.00 dollar check. Well that was the beginning of July and I went to the bank to fix it. The woman I sat with even told me they shouldn't have charged me so many times and we got everything back on track. Well except for the fact that they took my ATM card away and said I could have it back when they see me account settle a few months. Today, now August 2, I got a call from the bank asking me when the overdrawn fee of 27.00 plus the 57.00 check was going to be paid. After all that he said it went out and came back in the middle of July and he wanted to know when I would be able to take care of it. Not only are they messing with my credit, but they are taking a lot of my money that I do not have. I hope you have some feed back or maybe even advice for what else I could do.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:44 AM

If an ATM machine (or online banking account) shows unavailable funds on your account as available, you can consider this a deceptive business practice that is used to make bank customers to unintentionally overdraw their accounts.

In you situation, I would contact the bank CEO and threaten him (in a very polite and diplomatic manner) to inform OCC, State Attorney General, national and local media, and consumer websites about deceptive business practice of his bank unless he makes sure that your NSF fees are refunded.

Mark

QUOTE(bridget0308 @ Aug 2 2005, 01:37 PM)
Do you feel like they are playing tricks with your account? Well I am personally tired of it and I would like to hear you opinion. Eastern Bank has recently, so I just found out a few months ago, changed their ways of doing things. Now even Eastern Bank checks are being held longer than normal. Say I deposited my check in to my account which was drawn on Eastern Bank, and the same day Icheck my balance with my ATM card. My available balance is 523.00, so I take out 100.00. Well come to find out that because I took that out and wasn't "really" available, they charge me 27.00 for an overdrawn account. So I went on vacation and wrote a check. Now it said it was available, so I figured it would go through fine. When I returned, I found I still had money available and so I took it out. Being gone for so long I figured the check woulld have gone through, my fault.  But even after I put the money in my account, the check came in and went back out, in and out, a few times and I ended up paying over 200.00 for a 57.00 dollar check.  Well that was the beginning of July and I went to the bank to fix it. The woman I sat with even told me they shouldn't have charged me so many times and we got everything back on track. Well except for the fact that they took my ATM card away and said I could have it back when they see me account settle a few months. Today, now August 2, I got a call from the bank asking me when the overdrawn fee of 27.00 plus the 57.00 check was going to be paid. After all that he said it went out and came back in the middle of July and he wanted to know when I would be able to take care of it. Not only are they messing with my credit, but they are taking a lot of my money that I do not have. I hope you have some feed back or maybe even advice for what else I could do.
View Post

Stats