Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Banks with free outgoing wire transfers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:07 AM

If you know a bank with free outgoing wire transfers that is not on this list, please post its name in this thread or email it to me (to [email protected]).
No credit unions will be included in the list unless they offer membership for everybody in U.S.

Thanks! Mark
Note: The information was obtained from bank websites. No attempts were made to confirm it.

#2 mnl8844

mnl8844

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:58 AM

how come no one here mentioned that washington mutual's new checking account gives you unlimited domestic and international wire transfers free?

QUOTE(markber @ Dec 27 2003, 11:07 PM)
If you know a bank with free outgoing wire transfers that is not on this list, please post its name in this thread or email it to me (to [email protected]).
No credit unions will be included in the list unless they offer membership for everybody in U.S.

Thanks! Mark
biggrin.gif iBankDesign ad:
Get free ACH transfers with 3.40%  Virtual Bank eMoney Market and 3.15% ING direct savings  accounts.

Note: The information was obtained from bank websites. No attempts were made to confirm it.
View Post

#3 calkarl

calkarl

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

I opened a checking account with Wash. Mutual in early June on the recommendation of a friend as I make several wire transfers (International) every year.

I transferred just over $650 on 06/16/06 to a friend in India, after 7 visits to my branch of Wash Mu, and over 7 weeks later the funds arrived in his account, seems they were sent to the wrong wire room in India and ended up in Bomabay instaed of Calcutta. cussing.gif

I complained until I was blue in the face, but they do not care one iota. cussing.gif

I guess the old saying that 'Nothing in life is free', rings true here.

Back to Wells Fargo and the $42 transfer fee for me, at least I know the transaction will be done by competant people.........Did a transfer to the same guy in India last Monday, it was in his account 4 days later.

Funniest thing about the whole affair is the Manager of my local branch asking me to "reconsider my decision" to close my accounts down ..............Yeah right!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wash Mutual lost ONE customer in me (I know they probably don't care less about that), but I lost 4 good customers because of this delay, I care about that!!!!

The whole sorry affair proabaly cost me over $4000.00 in total in lost revenue.

Guess who I'll recommend to people who ask!!

Cal Karl

#4 oceanpool

oceanpool

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:56 AM

WaMu is awesome! He must have gotten a bad branch and something must have went wrong with the processing. I feel for the guy. But to clarify the New WaMu Free Checking information, there are fee-free outgoing wire transfers. There are still charges for incoming wire transfers. It's has a ton of other features. I think the WaMu Free Checking is the best checking product out there.

#5 MikeMorris

MikeMorris

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

Hey Mark, I joined Washington Mutual and they are a wonderful bank. When I did my wire transfer to Lugano, it was free through Washington Mutual however there was a $20.00 charge through their intermediate bank HSBC that was involved to complete the transfer. Would you know of a branch or a bank that does not have these hidden charges? Thank you, Mike irritated.gif

#6 chong67

chong67

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

No more free Wamu on international wire.

Any national bank that has low or free international wire?

#7 juank

juank

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

•Acacia Federal Savings Bank
Does not appear to have any free outgoing wires anymore. Free incomming, $14 outgoing.

WAMU was a real jewel. Chase now wants $25 domestic/$45 Intn'l for wires plus $15 to receive. Now, just yesterday I got their notice saying they'll also be adding a $12 montly fee to their accts. Nothing different from most banks. And this is an improvement?

Time to change my business banking, but I can't even find free ACH transfers anymore...
It looks like I'll have to migrate to a credit union for now. At least they don't charge fees to receive a wire and outgoing is ~$15.

What is really sad, is that I read somewhere that it only costs the bank about $1 or less to send a wire and NOTHING to receive them.

Stats