Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Get $50 from HSBC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:50 AM

link

Open a Smart package from HSBC and get $50.

The Smart package from HSBC includes the following product.

* Free Interest Checking with Direct Deposit**
* Linked Premium Money Market Savings Account
* HSBC Debit MasterCard® - Open an HSBC Debit MasterCard with your Interest Checking account and receive $50*.

* Cash bonus is available to new customers opening an HSBC Debit MasterCard®. If you qualify, $50 will be deposited in your new checking account within 35 days of the Debit MasterCard® account opening. HSBC reserves the right to charge your checking account an amount equal to the bonus if your Debit MasterCard® account does not remain active for at least 180 days. Limit one (1) bonus per customer. Cannot be combined with other offers. Offer expires September 30, 2005.

** If you cease to have direct deposit, the minimum balance to avoid monthly maintenance fees shown on your Terms and Charges Disclosure will apply.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Wow, another great deal! ....especially for people who consider becoming HSBC customers because of its 3.25% savings account.

#3 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:27 AM

does this bank consider any kind of ACH as direct deposit?

This sounds great!

#4 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:26 AM

Please note that you have to visit one of their branches to CLOSE an account. They want you to close your account in person. They want to see your photo ID.

#5 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(pangya88 @ Aug 9 2005, 09:26 PM)
Please note that you have to visit one of their branches to CLOSE an account.  They want you to close your account in person.  They want to see your photo ID.
View Post

This is a ridiculous requirement. HSBC has thousands internet customers who have no HSBC branches in their towns/cities. Are they supposed to waste hundreds dollars just to fly to an HSBC branch to close their accounts? I believe, if HSBC is pushed hard enough, it will come up with a way to close accounts without having customers to visit HSBC branches.

#6 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

Yes, it's ridiculous. They told me I couldn't close my Free Checking account over the phone. Yesterday I had to visit their branch and close it in person. Perhaps there is a way around this.

Stats