Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

presidential bank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stubrett

stubrett

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

Presidential has just raise its APY from 3.75% to 3.87% for its premier savings account. There is a min. of $5000 to open the account, and the rate is good for up to $35,000. Anything above the $35,000 is at 2.62% APY

There checking account is now at 3.75% APY with direct deposit

#2 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:57 PM

Yep, it is a great rate. For anyone interested, I have both a checking and savings account with them and posted a review of both on my blog:

Presidential Bank Premier Savings Account Review

Presidential Bank Internet Plus Checking Review

#3 ABOUTBENS

ABOUTBENS

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(stubrett @ Aug 12 2005, 11:13 AM)
Presidential has just raise its APY from 3.75% to 3.87% for its premier savings account.  There is a min. of $5000 to open the account, and the rate is good for up to $35,000.  Anything above the $35,000 is at 2.62% APY

Their checking account is now at 3.75% APY with direct deposit
View Post

Have you had direct experience with this bank? Is the online sign-up easy, and the customer service afterwards good? smile.gif

#4 stubrett

stubrett

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(ABOUTBENS @ Aug 13 2005, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE(stubrett @ Aug 12 2005, 11:13 AM)
Presidential has just raise its APY from 3.75% to 3.87% for its premier savings account.  There is a min. of $5000 to open the account, and the rate is good for up to $35,000.  Anything above the $35,000 is at 2.62% APY

Their checking account is now at 3.75% APY with direct deposit
View Post

Have you had direct experience with this bank? Is the online sign-up easy, and the customer service afterwards good? smile.gif
View Post

Sorry I didn't responded sooner, but I was waiting until my withdrawl show up in the mail and it finally did.

The sign up over the internet part was easy, and your initial deposit can be an e-check or a check you mail in to them. I opted for the e-check method and opened the account with $5,500. I withdrew some of the money to see how long it would take to get my money. I mailed my request to them on Aug. 10 a Wednesday. I looked at my account to see when the withdrawl had taken place, and they withdrew the money on Aug. 12 a Friday. Then I had to leave it up to the postal service, and I finally received my check today Aug. 19 a Friday. So it looks like they are legit so far. You just have to wait a little while to get your money, so plan ahead.

Stats