Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$100 bonus - Justice Federal Credit Union : checking account, use web bill payment; Exp. - 4/30/07

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

LINK

Open a checking account, sign up for web billpay, and pay at least 1 bill within a month of signing up. Expires 4/30/07.

Some info from the CU website (posted by admin):

DO YOURSELF JUSTICE!
JOIN JUSTICE FCU AND RECEIVE $100!

Now through April 30, 2007, join JFCU and sign up for FREE Web BillPay, the secure way to pay your monthly bills online. Simply pay one bill within the first month of signing up and receive $100! It's that easy. Your $100 will be credited to your JFCU account one month after your first bill has been paid through Web BillPay.

As a JFCU member you'll enjoy these benefits:

* Access to over 55,000 totally FREE ATMs
* Over 2,200 Nationwide Shared Branches
* Lifetime JFCU Membership with one active account
* FREE Online Banking (featuring Web BillPay)

#2 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

Update: The website has been amended to include the bonus.

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Feb 23 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post

LINK There is no mention of this promo on the C.U.'s website.Open a checking account, sign up for web billpay, and pay at least 1 bill within a month of signing up. Expires 4/30/07.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:53 AM

It looks like you can join CU and likely get the bonus via National Sheriffs' Association . I think the NSA annual membership is $35.

I wonder if one can apply for a CU account online/by phone/by mail and get the bonus without visiting the branch.

Mark

#4 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

It appears to me that you can. Just print and fill out the JFCU membership application, which doubles as an account application, enter your NSA member number in "eligibility" and either fax or mail it back to them.

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 28 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post

It looks like you can join CU and likely get the bonus via National Sheriffs' Association . I think the NSA annual membership is $35.

I wonder if one can apply for a CU account online/by phone/by mail and get the bonus without visiting the branch.

Mark

#5 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

Bonus is available nationwide, providing that you qualify for membership in JFCU.

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Feb 28 2007, 04:36 PM) View Post

It appears to me that you can. Just print and fill out the JFCU membership application, which doubles as an account application, enter your NSA member number in "eligibility" and either fax or mail it back to them.

QUOTE(markber @ Feb 28 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post

Mark

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:36 AM

Some useful info was posted by Banking Guy on Bank Deals:

This is another update on the Justice Federal Credit Union's 6.25% APY 2-year certificate and the $100 bonus promotions. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences in the previous posts. Please refer to my first post for general info on the promotion, the credit union and membership. More details about the CD and qualifying for membership is in my second post.

In this third post I'll summarize details based on readers' comments. I did call JFCU once last week and was able to confirm some of the details. Readers have provided additional details and clarifications. Please only use this as a reference and contact JFCU for the official information.

JFCU seems to be picky regarding what it requires as confirmation for your NSA membership. A reader's comment explains it well:
JFCU actually requires a copy of current NSA membership card or copy of separate e-mail from NSA confirming member id# and "good standing" (dues paid). This is not automatically generated upon payment of dues online, but must be specifically requested from NSA. It can then be faxed to JFCU.
Note, NSA membership is $35.

In addition to the NSA, you can also join the NNALEA for only $15. However, they don't seem to be as well organized as NSA. A reader mentioned that NNALEA claimed to be able to turn around a confirmation and membership number in a few days. You can apply via their 877 fax number listed on their website. Also, the online application was suppose to be fixed today.

Once you join the credit union via an association, you don't have to continue the membership in that association to remain a credit union member. Here's the full list of affiliated groups that can qualify you for JFCU membership.

With the application to JFCU, you must include a notarized photocopy of your driver's license. A photocopy with the notarized seal should work. However, notaries in some states may not be allowed to certify copies. This reader's comment has the details.

JFCU membership via NSA can only be done via mail. JFCU will not do this at a branch.

The IRA application isn't available on the website. You must call and have it mailed to you.

The Freedom Checking Account can be used for the $100 bonus. It has no monthly service fees and no monthly balance requirements. Checks cost $13.95, but aren't required. Debit card and bill pay are free. For the bonus, you have to sign up for Web BillPay and pay one bill within the first month (see details here).

It's not known how long the 6.25% CD promotion will last. A reader left a comment about the correspondence with a JFCU service rep that suggested a general timeframe.

Thanks to everyone who have left comments on their experience with JFCU. I'm sorry to read about problems that a few have experienced in the applications. Hopefully, this post along with readers' comments will help reduce complications.

source: bankdeals.blogspot.com/

#7 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:00 PM

I joined NSA in order to take advantage of this bonus. Annual dues are $20, not $35.
QUOTE(markber @ Mar 15 2007, 04:36 AM) View Post

Some useful info was posted by Banking Guy on Bank Deals:

This is another update on the Justice Federal Credit Union's 6.25% APY 2-year certificate and the $100 bonus promotions. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences in the previous posts. Please refer to my first post for general info on the promotion, the credit union and membership. More details about the CD and qualifying for membership is in my second post.

In this third post I'll summarize details based on readers' comments. I did call JFCU once last week and was able to confirm some of the details. Readers have provided additional details and clarifications. Please only use this as a reference and contact JFCU for the official information.

JFCU seems to be picky regarding what it requires as confirmation for your NSA membership. A reader's comment explains it well:
JFCU actually requires a copy of current NSA membership card or copy of separate e-mail from NSA confirming member id# and "good standing" (dues paid). This is not automatically generated upon payment of dues online, but must be specifically requested from NSA. It can then be faxed to JFCU.
Note, NSA membership is $35.

In addition to the NSA, you can also join the NNALEA for only $15. However, they don't seem to be as well organized as NSA. A reader mentioned that NNALEA claimed to be able to turn around a confirmation and membership number in a few days. You can apply via their 877 fax number listed on their website. Also, the online application was suppose to be fixed today.

Once you join the credit union via an association, you don't have to continue the membership in that association to remain a credit union member. Here's the full list of affiliated groups that can qualify you for JFCU membership.

With the application to JFCU, you must include a notarized photocopy of your driver's license. A photocopy with the notarized seal should work. However, notaries in some states may not be allowed to certify copies. This reader's comment has the details.

JFCU membership via NSA can only be done via mail. JFCU will not do this at a branch.

The IRA application isn't available on the website. You must call and have it mailed to you.

The Freedom Checking Account can be used for the $100 bonus. It has no monthly service fees and no monthly balance requirements. Checks cost $13.95, but aren't required. Debit card and bill pay are free. For the bonus, you have to sign up for Web BillPay and pay one bill within the first month (see details here).

It's not known how long the 6.25% CD promotion will last. A reader left a comment about the correspondence with a JFCU service rep that suggested a general timeframe.

Thanks to everyone who have left comments on their experience with JFCU. I'm sorry to read about problems that a few have experienced in the applications. Hopefully, this post along with readers' comments will help reduce complications.

source: bankdeals.blogspot.com/

Stats