Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$125 free gift card - AMSouth Bank : checking account, Visa check card; Eligibility - in branch; Exp. - 4/12/07

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:36 AM

unsure.gif

Below is more a rumor than a full-blown bank bonus deal... I could not find any info about the bonus on the bank website or on the Internet... it is not clear if the offer letter had any promo codes and if this deal is targeted, etc.

You will definitely need to call the bank to find out if and how you can get the bonus.

Below is a repost of webmanxxx's message on FW:

"""

Got a letter in the mail from Amsouth Bank telling me if I open a checking account and a Visa Check Card by the Apr 12 2007 you get a 125 dollar gift card. I have know from experience that these folks are expensive in regards to fees and what they offer in interest so buyer beware. I was thinking of getting the GC then bailing out after a couple of months.

I looked through the fine print and did not see anything of note. I will confirm through the CSR when I open the account. In all cases do your own due diligence before opening
"""

source: fatwallet.com/t/52/707231/

#2 Dan Beane

Dan Beane

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

Mark,
I haven't been able to find this either. Have you found it yet? If so, please email me...
Dan
=======================
QUOTE(markber @ Feb 24 2007, 09:36 PM) View Post

unsure.gif

Below is more a rumor than a full-blown bank bonus deal... I could not find any info about the bonus on the bank website or on the Internet... it is not clear if the offer letter had any promo codes and if this deal is targeted, etc.

You will definitely need to call the bank to find out if and how you can get the bonus.

Below is a repost of webmanxxx's message on FW:

"""

Got a letter in the mail from Amsouth Bank telling me if I open a checking account and a Visa Check Card by the Apr 12 2007 you get a 125 dollar gift card. I have know from experience that these folks are expensive in regards to fees and what they offer in interest so buyer beware. I was thinking of getting the GC then bailing out after a couple of months.

I looked through the fine print and did not see anything of note. I will confirm through the CSR when I open the account. In all cases do your own due diligence before opening
"""

source: fatwallet.com/t/52/707231/

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:07 AM

The following info about this bonus was posted by hilfigert on FW

i called amsouth today - and the op is correct, but you need to call amsouth - 800 267 6884 - tell them about the promotion you received in the mail, she will take your name and some info (not mailing ) - and log you into the amsouth computer - and then she said that you need to go into an actual b & m branch and identify yourself bec of the patriot act -

positively free checking
- minimum deposit - $50
- after 60 days of seeing normal activity on your debit card and checking acount - they will mail you the $125 visa gift card - i am not sure of this, but i dont think they will make a hard inquiry on your credit report (i hope they dont)

So I am moving this thread to the restricted bonuses board.

Stats