Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

GE MoneyBank "It's our policy..."

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dlp

dlp

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

I have a Care Credit card issued by GE Money Bank. The payment due date is 9th of each month. Because I am disabled and my checks are not deposited in time for me to make that payment date reliably--and because I do not wish to ruin my credit rating with late payments or pay $35 late fees for a 2-3 day late payment, I have twice requested that the due date be moved a few days later in the month.

"We can't do that. It's company policy." OK.

Every other credit card or account I have has been able to figure out how to make this change. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told I couldn't speak to one because s/he couldn't do anything either. i then asked for a name and address so I might write a letter. I was given an address, but no name. I asked if I might have a name to whom the letter should be addressed.

"There is no one you can address a letter to. It goes to "Correspondence" which is a department.

I then asked for the name of the CEO, and was told "I wouldn't have any idea who that it." Google knows that it is Mr Robert Law, CEO of GE Money Bank, which does a whole lot of international finance business, but apparently cannot take questions or comments or suggestions from a mere card holder in the USA.

On July 23, my purse and wallet were stolen. I duly reported this to each and every credit card issuer, agency, or entity for which I had anything stolen.

GE Money Bank, although I spoke to a very personable young man, apparently did not record the theft, nor did they issue a replacment card and new number as requested. Today I was told that a theft report would be entered and a new card sent. THis means, of course, that my previous number is no longer valid, and so I cannot use GE Money Bank's www.OnlineCreditCenter5.com.

Doe anyone have experience with this bank/credit company? I waited more than 35 minutes on the phone on each occasion that I called, and was considerably less than satisfied with their "Customer Service."

dlp

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(dlp @ Aug 20 2005, 04:56 PM)
I then asked for the name of the CEO, and was told "I wouldn't have any idea who that it." Google knows that it is Mr Robert Law, CEO of GE Money Bank

Check if you can send you complaint via email to robert.law at ge.com . If this email address is valid and you can rich the CEO, you have a good chance to have your concerns addressed.

#3 dlp

dlp

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE(markber @ Aug 20 2005, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE(dlp @ Aug 20 2005, 04:56 PM)
I then asked for the name of the CEO, and was told "I wouldn't have any idea who that it." Google knows that it is Mr Robert Law, CEO of GE Money Bank

Check if you can send you complaint via email to robert.law at ge.com . If this email address is valid and you can rich the CEO, you have a good chance to have your concerns addressed.
View Post

Thank you. I'll give it a try. I'm only a very small wheel, but maybe some squeaking will help.

Sorry if this is a mess. I'm not quite sure how this board works yet.

dlp

#4 jpsmoney

jpsmoney

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Personal finance, money, investing,... did i say money?

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

Good luck, but I'd seriously consider cancelling this card once you get everything straightened out. blink.gif

#5 dlp

dlp

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(jpsmoney @ Aug 22 2005, 12:41 AM)
Good luck, but I'd seriously consider cancelling this card once you get everything straightened out.  blink.gif
View Post

Stats