Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

citibank overdraft fees

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 whistler

whistler

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:39 AM

Hot deal with Safety Check. So I have Citibank Checking/Savings account, and I recently signed up for their program SafetyCheck(not quite like their other program OverDraft Checking which charges credit card interest rates for checks), this one simply transfers money from your savings account to your checking account for a 5 dollar fee, and asking many questions to the guy at the desk I was satisfied there were no hidden fees which were not hidden at all with the Overdraft Checking(20% interest immediately when you start using their credit line for checks/debit card transactions/etc). Although I never bounced a check with Citibank, I feel like this program is great since there is no annual fee, and you only get charged 5 bucks when

My question is this, Citibank charges 30 bucks for a bounced check, why on earth are they offering this program? Not to be too cynical here, but banks love fees, and love nickel and diming people, why offer this seemingly amazingly hot deal?

Stats