Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

possible 500 "bonus" from ing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

Ok I have an idea. I am not sure if it will work, so I would like to get your input. Right now google is offering free credit card processing until 2008.
I read through the terms of service and just got really confused. Do you think that it might be possible to process your own cash back DEBIT cards through google checlout?

For example ing is offering 1% cash back on all debit card transactions between 6-1 and 8-1 up to 500 dollars. So you would have to spend 50,000 dollars to take full advantage of the offer. So you pay yourself 1000 dollars a day and keep repaying yourself the same 1000 dollars for the next 60 days. and you will have earned 500 dollars.

Any thoughts on the process.

#2 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(bonehead @ May 19 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post

Ok I have an idea. I am not sure if it will work, so I would like to get your input. Right now google is offering free credit card processing until 2008.
I read through the terms of service and just got really confused. Do you think that it might be possible to process your own cash back DEBIT cards through google checlout?

For example ing is offering 1% cash back on all debit card transactions between 6-1 and 8-1 up to 500 dollars. So you would have to spend 50,000 dollars to take full advantage of the offer. So you pay yourself 1000 dollars a day and keep repaying yourself the same 1000 dollars for the next 60 days. and you will have earned 500 dollars.

Your wife or some other trusted person sets up an online store that accepts debit & credit cards and the transactions are processed through Google. You then go to the web site and buy $1,000.00 per day. The money is then recycled, i. e. given back to you. Seems to me it should work. But how much would it cost to set up an online store? Maybe not that much.

#3 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE(Bankgeek @ May 19 2007, 11:50 PM) View Post

Your wife or some other trusted person sets up an online store that accepts debit & credit cards and the transactions are processed through Google. You then go to the web site and buy $1,000.00 per day. The money is then recycled, i. e. given back to you. Seems to me it should work. But how much would it cost to set up an online store? Maybe not that much.

I thought about that, but from what i read on fatwallet the other person would have to pay taxes on the 50,000 dollars just like it is income.

#4 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(bonehead @ May 20 2007, 04:10 AM) View Post

I thought about that, but from what i read on fatwallet the other person would have to pay taxes on the 50,000 dollars just like it is income.

Wifey buys the merchandise from you and sells it to you for cost. No net. She owes nothing. Seems like it would work.

#5 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(Bankgeek @ May 21 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post

Wifey buys the merchandise from you and sells it to you for cost. No net. She owes nothing. Seems like it would work.

don't you think that is a little transparent? I am sure the irs would know what you are doing.

now I wish i had majored in bussiness/economics instead of history. If only i had found ibankdesign 5 years ago. suppose i could still give accounting a try but i don't want to be in a class with 20 year olds when i am 27. siiiiii

#6 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(bonehead @ May 21 2007, 03:51 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Bankgeek @ May 21 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post

don't you think that is a little transparent? I am sure the irs would know what you are doing.

now I wish i had majored in bussiness/economics instead of history. If only i had found ibankdesign 5 years ago. suppose i could still give accounting a try but i don't want to be in a class with 20 year olds when i am 27. siiiiii

Since you're not doing anything wrong in the first place it wouldn't matter if they knew about it or not. Just as long as the forms are filled out properly and filed it's legal.

Stats