Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$125 bonus - US bank : checking account with direct deposit; Exp. - 7/31/07

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

sneaky.gif

The following info was posted by FW member WideOpenSpaces:

"""
Received via email...
Earn a $125 cash bonus for opening a U.S. Bank checking account with direct deposit by July 31st.* And with Checking That Pays®* you can earn free rewards just by making everyday purchases with your U.S. Bank Visa® Check Card.

*To qualify for your cash bonus, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer interest-bearing checking account and set up a recurring direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening. $100 opening deposit is required. New accounts will be reviewed at month-end for evidence of direct deposit and upon verification it may take up to 30 days to process payment. Your bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT as interest earned and will be credited to your new checking account within 60 days after direct deposit is established assuming account is open and in good standing. Offer expires July 31, 2007. Only one cash offer per household. Offer is not transferable. Offer may not be combined with any other cash bonus or marketing offers. Other restrictions may apply. Regular account opening procedures apply. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifications and fees may apply for select overdraft protection options. Fees charged for non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions may apply on select checking accounts and other ATM network owners may assess a fee.

Checking That Pays® offers reward programs for check cards that can be added to any U.S. Bank personal checking account. Only signature-based purchases qualify for rewards. Cash advances, ATM transactions and purchases made with a PIN do not qualify. All reward programs subject to change without prior notification. Earned rewards may be lost if customers choose to switch check card reward programs. Customers may elect only one Checking That Pays reward program per account.

The number to call and sign up in the email is 1-800-720-BANK. The link in the email takes you to the same place if you just go to usbank.com and then click on checking to signup. There was nothing verifying this deal was offered. I recommend calling the number to qualify.
"""

The following post by FW member toy4two may also be useful:

"""
I just signed up. The deal is you get the $125 after first direct deposit from employer. You have to open with $100, you can go under $100 after that.

The agent knew right away about the offer, even quoted the July 31st end date of promotion. The agent was out of Eureka, Oregon (NOT INDIA THANK GOD!). Wonderful customer service.

He also let me sign up for the sweet overdraft protection that only US Bank offers, where there are no fees, just a 21% intrest rate on the money they cover you on ($200 increments are moved over to your checking account), its about $2 a day, sure as hell beats Union Bank who charges $30 for every overdraft they pay
"""

source: fatwallet.com/t/52/733861/

#2 goodfood

goodfood

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

I just called twice today. The first customer service representative said he did not know this promotion. The second customer service representative said that only people who receive the mail invitation could enjoy this offer. Icky.gif

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(goodfood @ May 29 2007, 05:15 PM) View Post

I just called twice today. The first customer service representative said he did not know this promotion. The second customer service representative said that only people who receive the mail invitation could enjoy this offer. Icky.gif

Thank you for sharing this info, goodfood! I think I should move this thread to the "Aged bonuses" board then.

Mark

#4 goodfood

goodfood

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

My pleasure cheerful.gif

#5 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:11 PM

US Bank confirmed with me what they told Goodfood on 5/29: if you didn't receive the mailing, then you're ineligible for the bonus.So on 8/1 this can be moved to Expired Bonuses.

Stats