Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$75 bonus - Chase : open a checking account ONLINE and set-up a direct deposit; Exp. - 10/15/07

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:09 AM

happy.gif

LINK

Terms:

Offer expires 10/15/07. A $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by this bank or its affiliates) is required to qualify for the reward. The cash bonus will be automatically deposited into your new account within 10 business days of account opening, but not considered part of the minimum opening deposit. Limit one personal checking account-related reward/premium per customer, per calendar year. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Chase Free Checking has no monthly service fee when you have a monthly direct deposit. Checking account must remain open for six months or the bonus will be debited from the account at closing. Account is subject to approval. CASH BONUS IS CONSIDERED INTEREST AND WILL BE REPORTED ON IRS FORM 1099-INT.

#2 Midway

Midway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:58 AM

As I started the application process for this promotion, I noticed the following fine print:

Note: You will receive statements by mail, but no cleared checks or check images. This is a FREE service. Your first box of checks will be ordered for you. They will arrive 7-10 business days after your account has been processed. Your account will be charged $22.95.

I believe this drops the "$75 cash bonus" down to $52.05.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(Midway @ Jul 13 2007, 11:58 PM) View Post

As I started the application process for this promotion, I noticed the following fine print:

Note: You will receive statements by mail, but no cleared checks or check images. This is a FREE service. Your first box of checks will be ordered for you. They will arrive 7-10 business days after your account has been processed. Your account will be charged $22.95.

I believe this drops the "$75 cash bonus" down to $52.05.

I would probably contact Chase and try to cancel the check order if I did not actually want to use the account. Using a cheaper check provider sounds like a good reason to stop the order. I do not know if Chase would be willing to do this though.

#4 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

bonus available nationwide

#5 Midway

Midway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

When I called Chase, the customer service representative instructed me to write on my signature card in big bold letters: "PLEASE DO NOT ORDER CHECKS." So I guess the checks are optional even though the fine print wording made it seem as though they weren't.

#6 bonehead

bonehead

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

think it is possible to get all 3 bonuses?

#7 saraw123

saraw123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

I notice that there's a promo code field in the application.
Does everyone just ignore this or is there a promo code?

#8 inxs

inxs

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Midway @ Jul 14 2007, 11:59 PM) View Post

When I called Chase, the customer service representative instructed me to write on my signature card in big bold letters: "PLEASE DO NOT ORDER CHECKS." So I guess the checks are optional even though the fine print wording made it seem as though they weren't.

Is signature card also required for an existing customer?

#9 Midway

Midway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(inxs @ Jul 23 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Midway @ Jul 14 2007, 11:59 PM) View Post

Is signature card also required for an existing customer?

The signature card was part of the application process, I don't think they'll open your account until you return it. I have Chase credit cards, but no Chase deposit accounts...and apparently (after talking to both sides), these two departments do not share information. So unless you already have a signature card on file with Chase from an existing deposit account, I believe it's required.

#10 boyydz

boyydz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

I applied online for this offer and sent in my signature card. About a week later, I received a letter from Chase saying that my application was denied because this offer was available only in-branch. It seems strange that an online offer was denied for this reason.

I wonder if my note on the signature card not to send checks had anything to do with it.

#11 Midway

Midway

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(boyydz @ Aug 8 2007, 10:06 AM) View Post

I applied online for this offer and sent in my signature card. About a week later, I received a letter from Chase saying that my application was denied because this offer was available only in-branch. It seems strange that an online offer was denied for this reason.

I wonder if my note on the signature card not to send checks had anything to do with it.

I was also denied, with the following explanation:

"In reviewing your application, we were unable to verify some of the information that you provided on your application."

When I called Chase to inquire about "the information" they couldn't verify, the customer service rep couldn't help me, she said that I would have to go into a branch...which of course I can't do because there are no Chase branches in my area.

#12 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

Do either of you have Chase credit cards? Seems that they shouldn't be able to deny you accounts if you already have an established business relationship with them.

#13 Bankgeek

Bankgeek

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

I too received a letter from Chase saying that it couldn't open my account because it didn't receive all of my information during the on line application process. But I double checked my application before clicking submit so I know they received it. But Chase invited me to re-apply. I got a telephone number to call, 1-877-691-8086, Chase sent that too me in a letter, but have not yet called the number. I guess I will call it on Monday just to see what they say. But probably that will turn out of be a waste of time.

#14 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

It looks like it is time to move this thread to the "local bonuses board".

Mark

Stats