Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Who offers the best overall banking experience?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Who offers the best overall banking experience? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

1. ING Direct (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Capitol One (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. NetBank (2 votes [11.76%])

4. Virtual Bank (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

5. Emigrants (2 votes [11.76%])

6. Presidential (1 votes [5.88%])

7. Bank of America (2 votes [11.76%])

8. Everbank (1 votes [5.88%])

9. Chase (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Citibank (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ABOUTBENS

ABOUTBENS

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:27 AM

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:49 AM

Great poll!

#3 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:40 AM

I voted for Presidential Bank because their rates consistently beat others. Emigrant Direct is my second choice because they have competitive rates, quick ACH transfer, and no minimum requirement.

#4 FreeBucks

FreeBucks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:59 PM

biggrin.gif I voted for Capitol One b/c I used the "blank check" to purchase both of my vehicles. I was nice to go to the dealership with my financing already in my hand. They tried to beat the rate, but couldn't! I also have a high yield savings account and a money market checking account with them. The rates on these accounds are pretty good. Overall, it has been good to do business with them and that is why I am voting for them. My 2nd vote would be for ING, but it looks like they already have a lot of votes! biggrin.gif

#5 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(FreeBucks @ Sep 15 2005, 12:59 PM)
biggrin.gif I voted for Capitol One b/c I used the "blank check" to purchase both of my vehicles.  I was nice to go to the dealership with my financing already in my hand.  They tried to beat the rate, but couldn't!  I also have a high yield savings account and a money market checking account with them.  The rates on these accounds are pretty good.  Overall, it has been good to do business with them and that is why I am voting for them.  My 2nd vote would be for ING, but it looks like they already have a lot of votes! biggrin.gif
View Post

Thanks for the feedback, FreeBucks! My sister used CapitalOne for financing her car too and it helped her to avoid possible car dealer financing scams like this one
http://www.carbuying...scams.htm#Scam3

#6 scottjm

scottjm

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

I went with everbank. Out of the 12 different banks I use I find it the simplest . Great service, Had very good intro rate on checking account and when it was over I just transferred most into one of their CD's that have very competitive rates and I like the fact my interest just transfers from that every month to my checking and then I can just write a check out of it if I want some extra cash. Have now been setting up all my new CD's to transfer right into my local checking account and saves me from worrying about lost checks. Just got my first transfer from Amtrust and went very smooth. Did anyone else here take advantage of their 4% 4 month CD? Not sure why ING is winning, Rates are only fair, Customer service lacking and they lock your account as dormant if you don't do a transfer every few months

Stats