Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

Effective 7.50% 7 month CD 2k min

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:32 AM

Officially it's a 5% CD with a bonus of 2.5% bonus of the original deposit at the end of 7 months. New money only. 2k minimum to open, max of 200k

The offer starts 9/29/07

Attached Files

#2 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:55 PM

This CU also is offering in the same promotion the following:

$10 for opening a 12 month Add-on CD. The Add-on CD only requires a minimum of $100 and the $10 shows up instantly in the account

$75 for having a mix and match of 9 products/services:

savings
checking
money market
cd
holiday savings
mortgage
auto loan
line of credit
visa credit card
check card
direct deposit
bill pay

so, if you have 9 savings accounts, you'll get an additional $75

#3 momoney

momoney

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(vivyip @ Sep 22 2007, 09:32 PM) View Post

Officially it's a 5% CD with a bonus of 2.5% bonus of the original deposit at the end of 7 months. New money only. 2k minimum to open, max of 200k

The offer starts 9/29/07

As far as the yield goes on the 7 month c.d. I was going on the math done by the posts I found on bankdeals.blogspot.com. They were coming up with 9.???%

#4 vivyip

vivyip

1 million bucks

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:15 AM

yes, my math was probably wrong in that the 2.5% is a full 2.5% on the opening balance...which roughly translates to a little less than 10% after all is said and done. (~9.5x..)

Unfortunately, the promotion is dead as of yesterday 2pm... This was part of a "giving thanks" promotion which included the following

the aforementioned cd.
a 12 month add-on cd (min to open is $100) and you receive a $10 bonus. (if it's percentages...then it's 14.90...but for such a low amount...it's better than nothing)
a 9 product/services promo gives the member $75
and a $100 checking bonus if you have direct deposit/online statements/bill pay
$500 off mortgage closing costs

As of today, only the chekcing, add-on, and mortgage stuff is showing online.

On the other hand, when I called to ask about "Credit Union Week" promotion (10/15 -- 10/20) they told me that they have started a 5.50% 5 month cd that started yesterday the minimum balance to open is $500...not as great as the giving thanks one...but definitely better than some others...

Stats