Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Beware of CountryWide Bank

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 StoneChief

StoneChief

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

CountryWide Bank offers good rates on CD's online, but BEWARE.

I am displaced due to hurricane Katrina and live off of interest checks I usually receive, monthly, from CountryWide.

I have called them several times to change my mailing address to my temporary residence and they refuse to do so without a written letter. The PO is not operating here and I faxed them the info from my bank. They said they never received the fax. They will not make any exceptions and not send me my own money. I have no home, no job and have to go wait in line for hours at the Red Cross for a meal, all because they will not send me the money that is due me.

FedEx and Ups are delivering.

This second-rate bank does not even have the capability of transferring funds via ACH to my checking account.

Spare yourself aggrevation and do not do business with this bunch of heartless trolls!

As as example of a caring bank, my online savings bank, Emigrant-Direct.com deposited $1000 of their own money into the accounts of all persons with an account that were affected by the storm.

Whenever I call CountryWide, I am promised a call back to help me, but the call never comes.

Stats