Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Poll--Which is more important in banking?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll--Which is more important in banking? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Poll--Which is more important in banking?

1. Good customer service (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Good interest rate (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Bonus opportunities (1 votes [10.00%])

4. Bank reputation/stability (1 votes [10.00%])

5. Easy to use online (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Low/no monthly fees (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

7. Lots of ATM's available (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ABOUTBENS

ABOUTBENS

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:54 PM

Poll--Which is more important in banking? biggrin.gif

#2 FreeBucks

FreeBucks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

I picked low/no monthly fees. It doesn't take long for fees to add up and surpass a bonus, and it's like a monster eating away at the interest you've earned. Reputation is nice, but it isn't the most important thing as long as the bank is FDIC insured. Luckily I don't have to use customer service that much, and if I do I can be just as nasty as they want to be. Who cares about ATM's, using cash is in the past! I use a rewards credit card for everything so that I get more freebies! Good poll!!! It'll be interesting to see what everyone else votes for.

#3 scottjm

scottjm

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:01 AM

Thought long and hard about which to vote for then decided I couldn't do it. For me choose a bank it must meet a few of those criteria's With so many banks to choose from nowadays I will not settle for less. First and foremost I am an interest rate whore so that is where I start, But then a bank must be financially stable before I would consider it. Will not use any bank that is not at least 3 star rated. I know they have FDIC but would not want the hassle if bank had problems. For about 7 years now I have searched online and opened accounts all over the country mostly just to park money so for those banks the customer service aspect not a big deal for me. When it comes to a local brick an mortar bank where I will do most of banking thru then service becomes the main criteria. I use Citizens Bank as my Primary . They list their MM at 2.25% but have found if your a good customer these big banks do have leeway and I get 3% from them. While that's still less than any other bank I have, I find it worth it to have a good in at a large local bank

#4 JOHNSON

JOHNSON

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

NO monthly fees for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stats