Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$200 bonus - Citibank : checking account, $1000 initial deposit, have direct deposit or use bill pay for 6 months; Exp. - 6/30/08

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:52 PM

unsure.gif

The following info about Citibank bonus was posted on budgetcents.net

I stopped off at Citibank this morning to pay my Home Equity Loan and saw a promo card at the counter for $200 free when opening Checking Account. Unfortunetly Citibank only allows one bonus per person per lifetime and I have already used mine on a similiar promo to this one. This is a good one to get in on if you haven’t had a checking account with them before. $200 is one of their higher bonuses.

Here is what you need to do:

* Call their new accounts line @ 1-800-374-9500 or go to a local branch (The rep said that you can also go to offer.citibank.com and enter the code, however you will not see a description of the promo)
* Tell them you want to open a new checking account and reference offer code CEMX
* Make a $1000 initial deposit by June 30th. (previously you could use a credit card to do this online, I did and it was treated like a purchase)

Bonus Payout Details:

* You will receive $100 after 3 months having direct deposit or using online bill pay for 2 bills per month.
* You will receive another $100 after 3 more months of direct deposit or bill pay usage.

This promo expires 6/30/08 so be sure to jump in on this one. Not a bad deal for only 6 months of using bill pay!

source: budgetcents.net/2008/05/14/200-bonus-for-opening-citibank-checking-account

#2 ccfinder

ccfinder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

I called and the CSR said the min. bal required is $6,000 otherwise, there will be a fee of $12/month. There is no interest. So, I do not think this is a good deal.

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(ccfinder @ Jun 15 2008, 10:41 AM) View Post

I called and the CSR said the min. bal required is $6,000 otherwise, there will be a fee of $12/month. There is no interest. So, I do not think this is a good deal.

Have you asked, by any chance, if Citibank EZ checking is eligible for this offer. You do not pay a fee for EZ checking if you have a direct deposit going to Citibank or make two bill payments per month.

Thanks,

Mark

Stats