Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$50 free gas card - FirstBank : business checking; Exp. - 9/15/08

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:51 AM

shy.gif

LINK

Terms:

Offer valid for personal or business checking accounts opened. Limit one gift card award per customer, per calendar year. Limited one award per checking account. To be eligible for the award, you must open your new personal or business checking account on or before September 15, 2008. The $50 award is considered interest and is subject to IRS and other tax reporting. The award will be given at account opening. The $50 award is considered a bonus that can be revoked if the account is closed within the first six months of opening. Please allow 7-10 days for the card to arrive.

#2 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

bonus available nationwide

#3 Sam Bam

Sam Bam

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Jul 20 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post

This posting indicates that it is available nationally. On this basis I completed and submitted an application to the bank. I got an e-mail response which indicated that the bank does not serve outside of its footprint. Accounts are available only to those who reside in Palm Desert, CA, the state of Colorado, and Phoenix, AZ. What research went into this posting before it was listed?

annoyed.gif

#4 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Sam Bam @ Jul 21 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Jul 20 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post

This posting indicates that it is available nationally. On this basis I completed and submitted an application to the bank. I got an e-mail response which indicated that the bank does not serve outside of its footprint. Accounts are available only to those who reside in Palm Desert, CA, the state of Colorado, and Phoenix, AZ. What research went into this posting before it was listed?

annoyed.gif

On the "personal information" page of the online application, where you furnish your state of residency, all 50 states in the country are in the drop-down menu.I interpreted that to mean that you could reside anywhere in the US and open an account.
Chances are, as often happens, the bonus was originally available nationwide, but after receiving an excessive number of out-of-state applications, the bank limited new account availability to residents of states located within its market area.

Mike

Stats