Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$150 Bonus - NuVision Federal Credit Union: Free Checking Account; Exp - 10/30/10

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 libbii

libbii

Ultra member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

Link to a webpage with bonus info on the website of NuVision Federal Credit Union

Link to CU website

Open a Free Checking Account and Recieve $50.

Keep it Active for 90 days and Recieve $50.

Set Up On Line Bill Pay and Recieve $50.

[attachmentid=239]

#2 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Anyone can join the American Consumer Council, therefore:

bonus available nationwide

#3 pangya88

pangya88

• GoodMembers
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I called them and they said that you could download the coupons online. But you will have to bring them into a branch.

Did anyone hear anything differently ?? I was just wondering. Thank you. Pangya88

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Aug 16 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

Anyone can join the American Consumer Council, therefore:

bonus available nationwide

#4 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I reread the bonus terms and there's nothing in the fine print which indicates that you must physically visit a branch in order to receive the bonus. Nonetheless, this one will have to be moved to the Local Bonuses board.

bonus states= AZ CA
in branch=yes

#5 hding001

hding001

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Nov 9 2008, 05:41 PM) View Post

bonus states=CA
in branch=yes

can I open it online and receive the bonus?

Or I have to go to the branch?

Thanks.

#6 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

in branch=yes means that you must physically visit a branch to open the account if you wish to receive the bonus.
QUOTE(hding001 @ Nov 14 2008, 01:11 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Nov 9 2008, 05:41 PM) View Post

bonus states=CA
in branch=yes

can I open it online and receive the bonus?

Or I have to go to the branch?

Thanks.

#7 shybenny

shybenny

Ultra member

• Very good members
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

One of my family members opened an account with them online and was eligible for the promotional bonus. She sent a pesonal check in to fund the account. Because she wanted to get the Bill Pay promotional bonus, so she basically schedule bill pay almost immediately after the account was opened. She scheduled 4 bill payments online.

Guess what happend then? NuVison charged her $120.00 for the inability to withdraw money from her checking account due to New Account. The manager said that it is the policy to withhold personal checks for 9 business days before the funds become available.

If you want to open the account, make sure to check its Funds Availablity Policy and i would suggest you to hold your fund for AT LEAST 30 business days from the date your account is open before schedule any online payment. NuVision is trying to trick you by getting money from you! Please watch out!

#8 shybenny

shybenny

Ultra member

• Very good members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

As of May 14, 2009, my mother, my wife and myself have already received all the bonus including the referral bonus.

When I opened my accounts oline for myself and my family, the promotional terms did not stay anywhere that new account holders have to visit the branch in order to redeem the bonus. I called them several times to request for the bonus, but the requests were not honored. So, I write a very professional letter to CEO of NuVision Federal Credit Union to compliant that if I will not receive the bonus, then, I have to file a complaint with the government authority. I sent it by Registered Mail by the US Postal Office. I need to track it and have a receipt of the mailing. Then, someone at the NuVision left a message in my voice mail. I think that she is a manager because the way she speaks is very organized, profesional, and fluent. She called me several times and the bonuses were all credited into my account.

Now, if you read the NEW promotional terms carefully, it says that you need to visit the branch to redeem the bonus.

#9 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(shybenny @ May 14 2009, 05:52 PM) View Post

As of May 14, 2009, my mother, my wife and myself have already received all the bonus including the referral bonus.

When I opened my accounts oline for myself and my family, the promotional terms did not stay anywhere that new account holders have to visit the branch in order to redeem the bonus. I called them several times to request for the bonus, but the requests were not honored. So, I write a very professional letter to CEO of NuVision Federal Credit Union to compliant that if I will not receive the bonus, then, I have to file a complaint with the government authority. I sent it by Registered Mail by the US Postal Office. I need to track it and have a receipt of the mailing. Then, someone at the NuVision left a message in my voice mail. I think that she is a manager because the way she speaks is very organized, profesional, and fluent. She called me several times and the bonuses were all credited into my account.

Now, if you read the NEW promotional terms carefully, it says that you need to visit the branch to redeem the bonus.

Thanks for sharing your experience, shybenny!

Mark happy.gif

#10 SegaRob

SegaRob

• GoodMembers
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

this shouldn't be in nationwide category anymore.

#11 Lonny

Lonny

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

Also note that with the need to open at the branch, some of the branches are on Boeing campuses and require a Boeing Badge. Bummer!

Stats