Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$100 + Free Trade optionsXpress Brokerage Bonus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James Chong

James Chong

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:11 AM

Edit 3/8/14: Referral offer has ended.

Make an easy $100 and trade a stock for free!

The Forbes "Best of the Web" recognized brokerage optionsXpress is offering a $100 bonus for opening up an account.

The bonus is ONLY available by referral, which I will send. You get $100 and I get $100.

On top of the $100, to sweeten the deal, I will cover the cost ($8.95) of the trade that is required to receive the bonus. I can send via PayPal or Check. I will send this after receiving the bonus myself.

So what do you need to do?
  1. Send me the email address you would like your referral sent to. Please put in your email subject: "optionsXpress Referral Bonus"
  2. Once you receive the referral email, open the account LISTING THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THE REFERRAL WAS SENT TO and ENTER THE PROMO CODE "FRIEND" IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION
  3. Fund account with at least $520 (ACH, Check etc.). At least $520 so that after your first trade ($8.95), you will still have over the required $500. More is safer though in case your trade drops in value.
  4. Execute trade
  5. Receive $100 bonus from optionsXpress
  6. Receive $8.95 from me which covers the trade
Note the new funds or securities (eg. stock) must remain in your account for a minimum of 6 months or the bonus may be forfeited. Not a big deal as optionsXpress is a member of the SIPC which covers accounts up to $500,000.

Here's the optionsXpress fine print:

$100 in your account and $100 in your friend's account
Offer limited to one $100 bonus per referrer and referred friend, for each unique referral resulting in a newly activated, funded optionsXpress account meeting the terms and conditions of the refer a friend program. To qualify for the $100 bonus, the referred account must maintain a per account average balance of $500 for 6 months, and the account must trade at least once. The $100 bonus will be deposited into the referrer and referred accounts within 45 days after the referred friend meets the terms and conditions of the offer. To qualify, the referrer must enter the referred friend's email address through this page, and the referred friend must enter the promo code "FRIEND" through the new account application form when opening the new account. A referred customer can only qualify for the $100 bonus a total of one time. A customer can only qualify for a total of $500 from any combination of optionsXpress cash promotions per calendar year. Deposits of new funds or securities from existing optionsXpress accounts are not eligible for this offer. Qualified (IRA), linked and shared accounts are not eligible for this offer. This offer is not valid for optionsXpress associates, non-U.S. residents, certain referring parties, and where otherwise prohibited. Customers can not exchange the $100 for other offers, cash or credit. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this offer program at any time without notice.

Edit 1: Updated with optionsXpress latest promotion terms.
Edit 2: Updated with optionsXpress lower pricing.
Edit 3: Updated with optionsXpress even lower pricing!

Edited by James Chong, 08 March 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#2 James Chong

James Chong

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Just a note to confirm the promotion is still available.

#3 James Chong

James Chong

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Offer is still available. I've covered the cost of the qualifying trade for several people.

#4 James Chong

James Chong

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:28 AM

Offer is still available. optionsXpress have even lowered their stock commission pricing since the last post.

#5 James Chong

James Chong

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

For those asking if my offer is still available, the answer is YES!

optionsXpress have even lowered their stock commission pricing AGAIN since the last post!

Stats