Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$100 Bonus - Sovereign Bank: open Sovereign Premier Checking or Interest Checking, make 6 CheckCard purchases; Exp-2/27/09

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

smile.gif

LINK

Terms:

Open a new Sovereign Premier Checking, Business Owner Premier Checking, Interest Checking or Partnership Checking account by February 27, 2009 with a standard minimum opening deposit of $10 and request a Sovereign VisaŽ CheckCard ("CheckCard"). If you make 6 CheckCard purchases within 60 days after you open your account, you will receive a credit of $100 to your new checking account within 15 days after the expiration of this 60-day period. One $100 credit per customer. Your account must be open in order for you to receive your bonus. Annual percentage yield (APY) of 0.05% for Sovereign Premier Checking or Business Owner Premier Checking when balance is less than $5,000 and 0.20% APY when balance is $5,000 and above. APY of 0.05% for Sovereign Interest Checking. APY of 0.05% for Sovereign Partnership Checking when balance is less than $2,000 and 0.10% APY when balance is $2,000 and above. APYs valid for new accounts only, are effective as of 1/17/09 and are subject to change thereafter and after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. The amount of the bonus credited to your account will be reported to the IRS as interest for the year in which the bonus is paid. Current personal checking customers or anyone who has had a personal checking account with Sovereign Bank or any of its divisions in the last 6 months are not eligible for this offer. Current employees of Sovereign Bank or any of its divisions are also not eligible for this offer. Cannot be combined with other personal checking offers.

#2 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

According to FW, Sovereign counts ACH push as DD.

Thanks Mark!!

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ Jan 19 2009, 10:56 AM) View Post

According to FW, Sovereign counts ACH push as DD.

Thanks for sharing this info, Mike! happy.gif

#4 m0neymaker

m0neymaker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

markber/michael:

what do you mean by 'FW' in your response 'according to fw'? also can you explain the meaning of ACH push and how do you do this (an example will suffice)? thanks guys.

#5 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(m0neymaker @ Jan 21 2009, 12:21 PM) View Post

markber/michael:

what do you mean by 'FW' in your response 'according to fw'?

also can you explain the meaning of ACH push and how do you do this (an example will suffice)? thanks guys.

FW is fatwallet.com

ACH push is an ACH transfer (interbank fund transfer via "Automated Clearing House" = ACH) from another bank like ING Direct, Virtual Bank, ETrade bank, USAA, PayPal, etc. There are many banks that offer online ACH transfers these days. See this Wikipedia article about ACH for more info about ACH.

At least in the past, banks did not care to distinguish ACH transfers from direct deposits because they were processed via similar or the same networks (probably with different transfer type codes). Some banks that were burned by bargain hunters started to flag certain financial institutions such as ING Direct or PayPal that were commonly used to satisfy direct deposit requirement. What Mike is saying is that according to fatwallet.com Sovereign Bank still does not pay attention to this issue when it determines customer eligibility to receive the bonus. This makes it easier to get Sovereign Bank bonus because you do not have to switch direct deposit of your salary to Sovereign Bank.

Of course, there is always a chance that your ACH transfer can become the first one flagged as ineligible by Sovereign Bank if it decides to protect itself from bank bonus hunters.

#6 wilsonjspite

wilsonjspite

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

Just finished the account opening process today. It took me about 2.5 weeks from the day I started until the day I got my check card & PIN in the mail, received all the welcome/disclosure forms, etc. Keep in mind I did sent the business reply mail the day I received it and I live in LA where the mail has to travel all the way to Boston, MA.

I recommend the "Sovereign Free Internet Checking Account" as opposed to the others. Minimum opening deposit is $10, then minimum balance of $1. They charge you $5 per month for having the account unless you start up a direct deposit. There is no specification on how large the direct deposit must be.

The customer service people were helpful every time I talked to them on the phone (I had to call in order to activate my check card and the telephone system had some issues, but they were resolved in just a couple of days).

All in all, for me, I believe it's worth the $100

#7 Rakso

Rakso

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:04 AM

Anyone know if they perform a hard pull credit check?

Thanks

Stats