Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo

$25 Amazon giftcard bonus - a mystery bank : free checking account; Exp. - 6/30/12

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Open a free checking account, or one of several other checking and savings accounts, and receive a $25 Amazon giftcard. This offer is available nationwide.
To receive the link, pm me after you post a new bank or card bonus offer. 'New' means that the offer isn't
posted anywhere on the iBankDesign website, and referral bonuses don't count.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE(ichaelm @ May 9 2012, 08:51 PM) View Post

Open a free checking account, or one of several other checking and savings accounts, and receive a $25 Amazon giftcard. This offer is available nationwide.
To receive the link, pm me after you post a new bank or card bonus offer. 'New' means that the offer isn't
posted anywhere on the iBankDesign website, and referral bonuses don't count.

Hi Mike,

You need to have a bank name in the thread title, otherwise your thread will break the table on iBankBonus.com.

If you do not want to disclose the bank name, we can move this thread to the general bank bonuses board ( http://ibankdesign.c...ussion_f46.html ) that is not exported to iBankBonus.com (but also is not visited that often).

BTW, iBankDesign.com has Points system installed (see http://ibankdesign.c....php?act=points ) that we can use to reward folks for posting bank deals. The problem is that every incentive program requires a great deal of moderation because there will always be people, who will try to abuse the system (e.g. make reposts or post garbage just to collect points). Unfortunately, I do not have too much spare time to moderate iBankDesign.com. That is partially why ExtraDime.com was created as an experimental site to test this and other web ideas without inflicting a damage to iBankDesign.com and its satellite sites (i.e. iBankBonus.com, iCardBonus.com, etc).

Cheers,

Mark

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hi Mike,

I just realized that I have to move this thread to the General bank bonus discussion board becase the Nationwide bonuses get exported in some places where people would have no idea how and whom they should contact to receive the bonus.

Cheers,

Mark

#4 ichaelm

ichaelm

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:bank and card bonuses, credit arbitrage

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi Mark,

Well, maybe I can still come up with some sort of incentive to get people to post bonus messages. Other than referral bonuses, I don't think anyone has posted a thing yet this year.

Best,

Mike

QUOTE(markber @ May 10 2012, 01:04 AM) View Post

Hi Mike,

I just realized that I have to move this thread to the General bank bonus discussion board becase the Nationwide bonuses get exported in some places where people would have no idea how and whom they should contact to receive the bonus.

Cheers,

Mark

#5 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi Mike,

Your efforts are really appreciated!!!

One of the area where you can help with rewarding active members, if you have time and desire to do so, is by monitoring member's posts, moving them away from "Points boards" (if they make reposts or just post garbage) and subtracting their points (or having me to do so). This way we can try to use the iBankDesign Points system in a productive manner.

However, my experience with ExtraDime.com suggests that Points/Credits do not really work.. at least, they can not be used as the main method to encourage people to post.

What does work is the sense of community. FatWallet and SlickDeals do not pay people for new threads. But people post there all the time because they like the sense of community on those boards (and they like information that they can find there and can benefit from).

One of many problems with iBankDesign.com is that there is a very little sense of community. I barely have time (one, maximum two weekends per month) to search for new bonuses and post them on the board in a "robot-like" fashion. I do not have time any more to, at least, try to be a "discussion leader" that each board, especially a developing board, needs to have.

So the best thing you can do is to keep doing what you are doing, that is, posting new deals and adding information to the existing threads.... and eventually the iBankDesign.com community will become more active. I can definitely make sure that iBankDesign Points system works for your account.

Cheers,

Mark

QUOTE(ichaelm @ May 10 2012, 09:29 AM) View Post

Hi Mark,

Well, maybe I can still come up with some sort of incentive to get people to post bonus messages. Other than referral bonuses, I don't think anyone has posted a thing yet this year.

Best,

Mike

QUOTE(markber @ May 10 2012, 01:04 AM) View Post

Hi Mike,

Cheers,

Mark

Stats