Terms from bank website:
Earn 20,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $1,500 in purchases within 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $200 in gift cards.
To receive 20,000 bonus ThankYou Points, make $1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months of the account opening. Balance transfers, cash advances, fees, interest and items returned for credit also do not qualify as an eligible purchase. Once these points post to your account, you may redeem them for great rewards, including $200 in gift cards. To redeem points, visit thankyou.com or call 1–800–THANKYOU (1–800–842–6596).
Bonus ThankYou Points may be earned by ThankYou® Preferred cardmembers approved through this offer. Balance transfers, cash advances, returned purchases, fees and finance charges do not count as purchases.
• This offer is only valid for new accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank, N.A. ("we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Citibank, N.A. is located in Sioux Falls, SD.
• Federal law requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, in order to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. To process the application, we must have your name, street address, date of birth, and other identifying information, and we may ask for identifying documents from you as well.
• Please allow four weeks from date of submission to process a completed application.
• We may gather information about you, including from your employer, your bank, credit bureaus, and others, to verify your identity and determine your eligibility for credit, renewal of credit, and future extensions of credit. If you ask us, we will tell you whether or not we requested a credit bureau report and the names and addresses of any credit bureaus that provided us with such reports.
• To receive the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on credit worthiness. Your credit limit will be determined by your annual salary and wages, your other annual income and a review of your debt, including the debt listed on your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit limit when you receive your card. Some credit limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit.