Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for an online bank with Visa or MC Debit cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 abendigo

abendigo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:12 PM

Oh, the kicker is I live in Canada. I called my bank (Royal Bank), and they told me no Canadian bank currently offers this, or is planning to any time soon. So, that means I need to take my money else where. Either in the U.S., or wherever. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Abendigo

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:54 PM

Oh, the kicker is I live in Canada. I called my bank (Royal Bank), and they told me no Canadian bank currently offers this, or is planning to any time soon. So, that means I need to take my money else where. Either in the U.S., or wherever. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Abendigo

Most banks in USA offer such debit cards. The question is which of them will open an account for you. If you have US social security number, then just ask banks if the fact that you do not live in US is going to be a problem. US banks need to comply with Patriot Act and may need to do address and driver license verification, etc in order to open an account.

If you do not, then you will need to get tax identification number.

Everbank used to allow US non-residents to just fill a form in order to open its foreign currency account. Those accounts did not use to have ATM access though. You may want to ask Everbank if they will let you open a checking account and what kind if identity verification and tax information they will need.

One issue you may want to consider is how you are going to move money between your Canadian account and US account.

TDWaterhouse operates in both US and Canada. You can try to open TD waterhouse bank account first, then open TD Canada Trust account and see if you can transfer money online between them. You can just ask its customer service if it is possible.
http://www.tdwaterho...x.html#checking

Also, check Centura bank US Banking for Canadians. http://www.centura.c...irds/index.html
RBC Centura Bank is a US branch of RBC Royal bank
The question is if you can open an US account in Centura and then transfer money to/from one of Centura "Canadian" accounts or Royal bank accounts.

Citibank also offer banking services in both Canada and US.
www.citibank.com
www.citibank.ca

#3 abendigo

abendigo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:13 PM

Thank you for the very informative reply. I looked at Centura (the U.S. branch of the Royal Bank of Canada) before I posted my question. As best I can tell from the web site, they only offer normal ATM cards, not Visa or MC.

#4 abendigo

abendigo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

I just got off the phone with Centura, and they do ffer the Visa Debit card. I am pretty sure that is the way I will go (as I already have a Royal Bank account). Thanks again!

#5 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:35 PM

I just got off the phone with Centura, and they do ffer the Visa Debit card. I am pretty sure that is the way I will go (as I already have a Royal Bank account). Thanks again!

You are very welcome. Please let us know if you find it is possible to move money online from your US account in Centura to you Canadian account in Royal Bank. Several people I know can really use this info.

#6 findthebest

findthebest

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:36 PM

I have a very long experience in offshore banking, investment, incorporating and related matters.

After very long search, I found what is now the new method to have guaranteed anonymity in offshore banking and any other related matter.It is called: Indirect offshore banking.

I suggest that you look at the Site: www.swissinvestmentbank.net

This offshore banking network offers an immense wealth of offshore banking services, cards, numbered accounts, swiss brokerage services, online trading, investments, incorporation packages and a number of exceptional services that you can find at: http://www.swissinve...et/services.php

If what you need is guaranteed anonymity, I suggest that you look at their Web Page:
http://www.swissinve...nstructions.htm

Throughout the years of searching around in offshore matters, I have not seen a more complete and advanced offshore method with reliability and efficiency.I strongly recommend it.It cannot be compared with anything else, honestly.

They even accept credit cards plus tens of other legitimate funding methods.

And, from what I understand, Affiliates are welcome.

Stats