Terms and conditions:
*We will credit one cash bonus to the account if the account receives a total of at least $500 in qualifying direct deposits within 90 days of account opening. Qualifying direct deposits include, but are not limited to, recurring electronic deposits such as payroll, pension or Social Security. Person-to-person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers such as those made through internet payment services do not qualify. Bonus will be credited to the account within 90 days of direct deposit activation as long as the account is still open and all of the eligibility requirements are satisfied at the time we seek to credit the bonus. Bonus is reportable for tax purposes. No more than one bonus will be awarded regardless of the number of accounts, titling on account, or the number of direct deposit arrangements established. Bonus offer may vary by product and region. Cash bonus offers are not available to employees of M&T Bank or any of its affiliates or to customers who have already received a bonus in connection with an M&T personal checking account within the preceding twelve-month period. A $50 early close-out fee applies if the account is closed within 180 days of the date the account was opened. This offer is valid on new checking accounts opened by 10/31/2018. This offer is nontransferable. If you received another bonus offer via mail, the bonus will be fulfilled according to the requirements detailed in the mailing. Please be sure to refer to any special instructions or qualifications noted in the mailing.
MyChoice Plus Checking With Interest: The minimum deposit required to open the account is $25. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of July 1, 2018, is 0.01% for balances of $1.00 or greater. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. MyChoice Plus Checking With Interest is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change without notice. Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly.
MyChoice Premium Checking: The minimum deposit required to open the account is $25. Connecticut counties of Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland and Windham and New Jersey counties of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren: The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of July 1, 2018, is 0.02% for balances of $1.00 or greater. All other regions: The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of July 1, 2018, is 0.01% for balances of $1.00 to $49,999.99, 0.03% for balances $50,000 to $99,999.99 and 0.05% for balances $100,000 or greater. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. MyChoice Premium Checking is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change without notice. Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly.
Classic Checking With Interest: The minimum deposit required to open the account is $25. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY), accurate as of July 1, 2018 is 0.01% for balances of $1.00 or greater. The minimum balance to obtain the APY is $1.00. Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Classic Checking With Interest is a variable rate account and rates are subject to change without notice. Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly.
1. Regardless of whether a monthly maintenance charge applies, M&T checking accounts are subject to transaction and service fees, including insufficient funds (NSF) and overdraft fees, as noted in the Specific Features and Terms for each account and, also the Additional Fees and Fees for Use of Electronic Banking Card for Consumer Checking Accounts, which are available on request at any M&T banking office or through the M&T Telephone Banking Center.
2. For detailed information on which M&T accounts are eligible, please refer to the Specific Features and Terms for each account, which are available upon request at any M&T banking office or through the M&T Telephone Banking Center.
3. Brokerage services and Insurance products are offered by M&T Securities, Inc. (member of FINRA/SIPC), not by M&T Bank.
4. Use of these features and services requires Internet and/or data access through a computer or mobile device. Subject to availability and the same limitations as any service available through the Internet. M&T Bank is not responsible for matters that are outside of its reasonable control that might impact availability and functionality. M&T Bank reserves the right to suspend service for any reason at any time. Your mobile carrier's text messaging and data charges may apply. Fees may apply for optional services provided through M&T Online Banking. View the M&T Digital Services Agreement for additional details.
5. Deposits are subject to verification. Funds not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other terms, conditions, fees and restrictions may apply. Business day is defined as Monday through Friday, except for Federal holidays.
6. M&T will not charge you to access your account at non-M&T ATMs, and will reimburse the checking account (up to $2 per transaction) for the amount of any fee charged by another bank or ATM operator to use its ATMs in the 50 United States and Washington, D.C.
7. No fee for standard checks and 50% discount on other check styles.
8. Certain check styles may be excluded from this offer. Please see an M&T branch representative for full details.
9. MyChoice Plus Checking is available with or without interest.
10. Loans are subject to credit approval and certain limitations may apply.
11. On the day your MyChoice Money Market account is opened, and on the last day of each monthly interest payment cycle, we will determine whether your account will receive the Regular Interest Rate or the Premium Interest Rate (both of which may change daily) during the upcoming monthly interest payment cycle. To qualify for the Premium Interest Rate, you must (1) have a MyChoice Premium Checking, Power Checking or Portfolio Management Account, and (2) have made 3 or more qualifying customer-initiated transactions in that checking account during that account's most recently completed monthly maintenance charge cycle. Qualifying customer-initiated transactions include deposits, withdrawals, Online and Mobile Bill Pay transactions, automatic payments, debit card purchases and payments, and direct deposits. Transfers and payments to other accounts at M&T Bank (including loans and lines of credit) are excluded. Reversals of transactions will be netted against the qualifying transactions. Transactions cannot be aggregated across multiple checking accounts for purposes of meeting this requirement. (Note: If your MyChoice Premium Checking or Portfolio Management Account has been open for less than one monthly maintenance charge cycle on any day we determine the applicable interest rate, your MyChoice Money Market account will receive the Premium Interest Rate during the upcoming monthly interest payment cycle.)
12. You must have sufficient money in your overdraft protection account for the transfer to occur. If not, NSF or overdraft fees may apply. If you enroll in Overdraft Protection with your M&T Visa® Credit Card, or have a linked overdraft line of credit, your overdraft transfers will accrue interest at the applicable APR stated in your credit card or line of credit agreement. Please refer to your credit card or line of credit agreement for additional details.
Overdraft Line of Credit: 18% APR. A fee of $12.50 will apply for each transfer made by telephone or through Online Banking. A fee of $12.50 will apply for each overdraft transaction to a linked checking account other than a MyChoice Premium checking account, but charged no more than once per day.
13. Waiver of annual rental fee of $50 or less for one safe deposit box; or 50% discount on the annual rental fee for one safe deposit box with a fee of more than $50 (up to a maximum discount of $200).
14. M&T savings accounts are subject to transaction and service fees, including insufficient funds (NSF) and overdraft fees, as noted in the Specific Features and Terms for each account and also the Additional Fees and Fees for Use of Electronic Banking Card for Consumer Savings Accounts, which are available on request at any M&T banking office or through the M&T Telephone Banking Center.
15. Fees and account features will vary by region.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
Offers may vary by region. Unless otherwise specified, all advertised offers and terms and conditions of accounts and services are subject to change at any time without notice. After an account is opened or service begins, it is subject to its features, conditions, and terms, which are subject to change at any time in accordance with applicable laws and agreements. Please contact an M&T representative for full details.
Equal Housing Lender, © 2018 M&T Bank, Member FDIC