Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Bankers Needs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazy_gimp

crazy_gimp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:08 PM

Hi I'm a year 10 student in a school situated in the UK. I'm currently doing a project in ICT about banking and how technology has impacted the whole banking experience. -both positive and negative points-
I've carried out various searches and found some useful info but i was hoping that maybe some of you could help me a little and explain to me what your needs are for banking and how these needs are met with technology.

My email address is [email protected] and if you have any useful info please do email it to me.

Thanx in advance.

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:27 PM

Hi I'm a year 10 student in a school situated in the UK. I'm currently doing a project in ICT about banking and how technology has impacted the whole banking experience. -both positive and negative points-  
I've carried out various searches and found some useful info but i was hoping that maybe some of you could help me a little and explain to me what your needs are for banking and how these needs are met with technology.  

My email address is [email protected] and if you have any useful info please do email it to me.

Thanx in advance.

Hi Crazy_gimp,

I guess I am a little bit confused. Do you need feedback from bank customers or bank employees? When you say "how technology has impacted the whole banking experience", what experience are you referring to: consumer experience or experience of an bank IT manager or webmaster?

Thanks,

Mark

#3 crazy_gimp

crazy_gimp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:58 PM

Hello markber, sorry for my unclear post. I require feedback from people who do banking themselves, not actual employees of banks.
When i said "experience" i was refering to things like e.g The process of making withdrawls and checking account details - has technology made these tasks easier, faster, slower, harder etc..

Hopefully thats a little clearer, thanx for the reply. biggrin.gif

#4 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:45 PM

Hello markber, sorry for my unclear post. I require feedback from people who do banking themselves, not actual employees of banks.  
When i said \"experience\" i was refering to things like  e.g The process of making withdrawls and checking account details - has technology made these tasks easier, faster, slower, harder etc..

Hopefully thats a little clearer, thanx for the reply.  :D

Technology definitely made things easier and faster. Below are cool features of online banking that you may be interested.

- online bill payment (to pay bills)
- Ebills (to pay bills)
- online check images (to monitor account activity)
- email alerts (to monitor account activity)
- email payments (to make payments to other people)
- secure online mail to communicate with customer service (to solve account problems)
- online wire transfers (to make payments and change account balance in other bank accounts)
- online register with auto-reconciliation and reports (to monitor account activity and budget)
- direct connect to Quicken/MS Money with bill payments and intrabank transfers (to monitor account activity and budget, pay bills and change account balance)

Which feature, if any, is the most interesting to you?

Mark

#5 crazy_gimp

crazy_gimp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

- online bill payment (to pay bills)
- Ebills (to pay bills)
- online check images (to monitor account activity)
- email alerts (to monitor account activity)
- email payments (to make payments to other people)
- secure online mail to communicate with customer service (to solve account problems)
- online  wire transfers (to make payments and change account balance in other bank accounts)  
- online register with auto-reconciliation and reports (to monitor account activity and budget)
- direct connect to Quicken/MS Money with bill payments and intrabank transfers  (to monitor account activity and budget, pay bills and change account balance)

Wow all of these sound very interesting! Many of these tasks actually evolve around paying bills online, which i guess is the main advantage technology has brought to banking! tongue.gif Which of these tasks in your opinion would be most useful for my type of report? Preferably the most commendable laugh.gif
My report is due back in a few weeks time, i'm going to quote all these facts (from you) in my appendix. Thank you very much

#6 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:15 AM

Many of these tasks actually evolve around paying bills online, which i guess is the main advantage technology has brought to banking!

I think you are right.

In the past, you could receive bills only via regular mail and had to write checks to pay bills. You can still do it this way. The problem is that

1) writing checks is time consuming

2) you can misplace and forget about a bill and, as a result, get charged with a fee. Not only you pay the fee, your credit history can get damaged if you forget to pay, for example, a credit card bill.

Making online bill payments is much faster than writing checks. So it solves the first problem.

If you receive ebills you can easily find out how much you should pay even if you have lost the paper bill. You can often find the same info by going to payee website. But it is more conveneint and less time consuming to monitor your bills from one place, your bank website.

Often, when new ebill arrives, your bank sends you an email notification about it. This email notification serves as an additional reminder that it is time to pay the bill.

If you are really busy or forgetful, you can set-up autopayment of your ebills. Then, your payments will never be late.

So ebills help to solve the second problem.

Check a demo of upcoming PCBanker bill payment system to see a good example of online bill payment system with ebills.

#7 crazy_gimp

crazy_gimp

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:23 PM

Superb! Thank you so much markber!

#8 Juklano

Juklano

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(crazy_gimp @ Aug 20 2004, 10:23 AM)
Superb! Thank you so much markber!
View Post

[COLOR=blue]

Aren't banks trying to get people to use the online technology they have? I mean online security and hackers is something to worry about especially when banking large numbers on the internet.

Stats