Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

$50 for a Sharebuilder account via Compass Bank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

LINK
Terms:
Limited Time $50 Offer
Open a new ShareBuilder account by 9/30/04 and receive a $50 ShareBuilder account bonus after your first security purchase.** There’s no better reason to open a ShareBuilder account and start investing in your financial future.
ShareBuilder makes it easy
ShareBuilder Investing Programs make online investing easier and more affordable. Choose from 3 options; Basic, Standard and Advantage, each offering different features to help you meet your long-term investing goals. No matter how often you wish to invest, there is an Investing Program to fit your budget.

#2 annabel28

annabel28

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:07 AM

Hi, Markber
Nice layout. Thank you for all the information you offer. I mad a nice income since I read you and moneybb's forum. wink.gif

I tried this offer, but it request Compass Referral Code blink.gif . I look around the whole page and didn't see any code. Did you try this offer yourself?

Thank you again. Have a nice day!

#3 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(annabel28 @ Sep 14 2004, 10:07 PM)
Hi, Markber
Nice layout. Thank you for all the information you offer. I mad a nice income since I read you and moneybb's forum.  wink.gif

I tried this offer, but it request Compass Referral Code   blink.gif . I look around the whole page and didn't see any code.  Did you try this offer yourself?

Thank you again. Have a nice day!
View Post

Hi annabel28,

It is nice to see you here. I must say that I would not be able to put together all these deals without MoneyBB and FatWallet communities. You can find only a small portion of available sign-up deals by searching the Internet.

I have not tried the Sharebuilder deal from Compass bank myself. My guess is that if you want to do a Sharebuilder deal offered by another FI such as Compassbank or SouthTrust bank, you have to open an account in this FI first. Otherwise, it would not make sense for an FI to offer the Sharebulder bonus via FI website. The only thing I could advise you is to ask Compass Bank customer service about the referral code.

Before you decide to do a Sharebuilder deal, please reseacrh how expensive it would be to close your account and get your money back. You get the bonus when you make your first purchase. If you want to close the account, you will need to sell the shares you bought. This will cost you about $16 per trade. If you do not want to pay the fee, you may try to purchase a very cheap share using the Sharebuilder automatic investments program, then pause it and keep the account as long as they do not charge a subscription fee for the basic service.(Fee schedule).
Another option would a transfer of your Sharebuilder account to another brokerage that charges less for a trade or have a free trade promotion for new accounts and no / small account termination fee. You will also need to make sure that Sharebuilder will not charge you for the transfer. I could not find info about such a transfer fee on the Sharebuilder website but this does not mean that it does not exist. You may need to ask Sharebuilder customer service about this.

Good luck! If you decide to do the deal, please share your experience either here or/and on the MoneyBB board.

Mark

Stats