Quick navigation: Deposit accounts Credit cards Brokerages Other bonuses Referral exchange

Photo
- - - - -

Netbank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: How do you rate Netbank? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you rate Netbank?

1. One of the best (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Good (1 votes [16.67%])

3. Mediocre (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Bad (1 votes [16.67%])

5. One of the worst (1 votes [16.67%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

#2 markber

markber

1 billion bucks

• Admin
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 01:28 AM

Another TMF post about Netbank "f-you attitude":

by OldSwede:

"Well, I've been a customer of NetBank for something over 3 or maybe 4 years, and I have finally had it. Stupid mistakes and amateurish, arrogant and half-hearted responses to the those mistakes have finally accrued to the breaking point.

Mostly it's been little things, but I've been banking at various banks for over 35 years. Only NetBank has managed to leave a decimal place off of a 5 digit deposit. In other words, a $X0,000 deposit became a $X,000 credit to my account. Yes, they fixed it after I called them, and they are only human and we all make mistakes. That was a year or so ago, and I let it go, despite their response that made me feel like this was no big deal to them, that they correct errors like that several times a day, so what was I so upset about?

Now, with no communication to their customers at all, at least none that I ever saw, they have moved to requiring Quicken 2003 or later for downloading records. I found out about this by trying to download my records into Quicken 2002. It took them two and a half weeks to respond to my "bank mail" message asking about this. They didn't even acknowledge that it would have been nice to let me know about this change; they just said yes, I needed to pick up a copy of Quicken 2003+ if I wanted to download my info.

I have heard of other financial institutions providing free copies of newer versions of Quicken when they make this sort of "upgrade". That would seem appropriate, but I would have accepted it if they had just given me some warning and told me to get my own copy of a later version of Quicken (or Money). Actually, I bought a copy of Quicken 2005 a month or two ago and haven't installed it yet because I want to bring all of my accounts up to date before I do, so the cost to me of the upgrade is not an issue. That they would do this without even letting anyone know is really beyond my comprehension. Maybe I missed some small print somewhere, but this isn't a small print issue, by golly!

I don't like banks. They pretty much all seem like overpriced arrogant pinheads to me, so I admit I have a chip on my shoulder. The Quicken download thing is not that giant a deal in and of itself, but the bank's f-you attitude (in fairness, it's more like the bank is run by a bunch of teenagers who think they know everything, but obviously don't) has simply become more than I'm going to put up with.

I opened an account at another institution yesterday and am waiting for everything to get set up so I can move my money. I really like the idea of online banking, but NetBank's execution of the concept simply doesn't make the grade. My opinion. If you have a NetBank account, I hope you've had better service than I have. If you don't have a NetBank account, don't look for me to recommend them.

OS "

source:
boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21822907

Stats